Shuffle feature

tuvx

tuvx

When viewing a library (e.g. Movies), I see you have a context menu for the headers (All, Suggestions, Favorites...). It only refers to the first entry displayed, but seems would be a good idea to instead apply to all displayed items and to include a shuffle option. Also, when viewing Genres, would be nice to be able to shuffle a specific category.

Sorry, I'm not following what you are saying... a context menu exactly where?

tuvx

Add a "Shuffle" to the menu appearing when clicking In the title bar:

5aedae0213824_contextMenu1.jpg

And add a "Shuffle" when you click on any item in the "Genre" (even though you click on shuffle here for a specific item, it should shuffle the whole category). In this screen shot the Genre is covered, but I chose Genres from the top, navigated to "Action" and then pressed menu on the first item:

5aedae92f2e09_contextMenu2.jpg

Add a "Shuffle" to the menu appearing when clicking In the title bar:

5aedae0213824_contextMenu1.jpg

Exactly how did you produce that menu there?  However you did it it is an error.  There is no context menu on those tabs and, instead, whatever option you select is going to affect whichever item was last selected.

And add a "Shuffle" when you click on any item in the "Genre" (even though you click on shuffle here for a specific item, it should shuffle the whole category). In this screen shot the Genre is covered, but I chose Genres from the top, navigated to "Action" and then pressed menu on the first item:

5aedae92f2e09_contextMenu2.jpg

I don't think that would be intuitive - to have a single item's context menu operate on its parent.  Instead, we need to come up with some sort of interface that would be obvious...

tuvx

Both menus were displayed using the menu button on the Fire TV remote.

As far as the Genre shuffle, is it possible to allow selecting the genre name (which appears above the movies), for a context menu (Play All / Shuffle All)?

Both menus were displayed using the menu button on the Fire TV remote.

Yeah, that shouldn't be happening.  You'll notice the operations are performed on the last focused item.  I'll look at that.

As far as the Genre shuffle, is it possible to allow selecting the genre name (which appears above the movies), for a context menu (Play All / Shuffle All)?

No, not with the standard Android TV components we're using there.  Also, I think that would be unwanted by most - doubling the amount of clicks it takes to navigate between rows.

tuvx

What about a shuffle button on button bar with the sort / watched /settings (not visible when viewing Genres, but you could enable)?

5af0ca4f49059_newShuffleButton.png

What about a shuffle button on button bar with the sort / watched /settings (not visible when viewing Genres, but you could enable)?

5af0ca4f49059_newShuffleButton.png

That would work fine in a grid but the view you are talking about is rows, not a grid.

• 7 months later...
grbharati

I cannot Find suffle option in home videos in Android TV whereas I can see that option for ios. Am i missing something? I don’t want to go over and play each videos. Can somebody help me please.

I am using andoid TV on nvidia Shield, v 1.6.56g with emby version 3.5.2.0

I cannot Find suffle option in home videos in Android TV whereas I can see that option for ios. Am i missing something? I don’t want to go over and play each videos. Can somebody help me please.

I am using andoid TV on nvidia Shield, v 1.6.56g with emby version 3.5.2.0

Hi.  Depending on the device you are using, you can use either the play button, menu button or long-press select button on the library tile for your home videos to bring up a menu with a shuffle option on it.

Unfortunately, the shuffle algorithm used on Playlists and Collections is poor (constantly shows the same shows and misses some series altogether).

Edited by tuvx

grbharati

Hi. Depending on the device you are using, you can use either the play button, menu button or long-press select button on the library tile for your home videos to bring up a menu with a shuffle option on it.

grbharati

I am using sub folders under home videos. Looks like long press doesn’t work there. How can I suffle play home videos inside one perticular folder?

I am using sub folders under home videos. Looks like long press doesn’t work there. How can I suffle play home videos inside one perticular folder?

Does your remote have a play button?

grbharati

It doesn’t have a dedicated play button, but has a click button. I navigate to play and click that button. I checked if i long press that button i get more options but there is no suffle. If i try same thing in the main home videos screen, there is suffle option. As I mention earlier, i am trying to play videos in subfolder in the home videos and long press doesn’t have suffle option.

I am using nvidia shield remote.