LG 2018'er Oled Lineup - Continue Play & Search ?

unibeta

unibeta

First to LG - I bought LG because they have a good OS which supports Emby.
So far I was a Samsung fan, but they don't support Emby in Europe.

Two problems/questions about Emby:

1. There is the Continue and Play button for movies
but also at Continue the movie starts over and over again from the beginning.

The same Film on my Windows Client starts at the right Position.

2. The magnifying glass is missing for searching films, is there another form of search here?

Otherwise Emby runs very smoothly on this device, it's a pleasure
and I haven't used my Kodi client at all.

Hi, resume should be working, can you go over an example? and yes we'll be adding search in an upcoming update.

unibeta

Thanks for the feedback.

I have a smaller LG LCD from a 2017 series
(UJ701V), resuming a playback works fine there.

Only on the completely new C8 OLED, which will probably also have a newer WebOS version on it,

playback will always start from zero. In the film cover, however, the green progress bar is displayed correctly first.

No big problem, you can quickly click on the last digit with the remote control, just for information.

Hmm, that's strange. Thanks for the info. Let's see if it's still an issue after the next app update. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
martycirkus

Hi,

I'm using Emby 1.06 app on a 55c8 LG oled, and Emby server 3.4.1.0 on a Osx High SIerra.

I ticked off all transcoding option in emby server/user and I can direct play HEVC, H265, x265 4K HDR flawlessly!!!! (with transcoding ticked on I loose the HDR...).

I can't have design-based mkv embedded subtitles, but it's ok with .srt and embedded text-base subs.

At sound level I have the 55c8 and a LG Sk9y soundbar plugged together via ARC Hdmi. For example on a x265 mkv 4k HDR with 1-Dolby TrueHD Atmos and 2-Dolby DIgital+, I can choose both audio tracks and they will play but I loose Atmos, I thing it is due to the ARC limitations... 

As the "resume" problem I have the same, file will play from the beginning over and over...

Is there a LG Oled 2018 DLNA profile yet? When I use the LG content share dlna it seems to transcode and I loose HDR. But in another hand why using Lg content share and dlna when the Emby app/ 55c8 combo reads natively hevc 4k hdr content with a very very nice interface!! :D

Thanks for everything and for the hardwork!!!!!

Hi, in regards to resume/search, please try the next update to the app.

And no, we don't yet have an LG 2018 profile so at the moment it will just use the profile for older devices. Thanks !

Emby for LG 1.07 has just been released. Stay tuned to the Emby blog for the release announcement. Please try it out. Thanks !

martycirkus

Hi,

"Resume" still doesn't work when all transcoding options are ticked-off (on a55c8).

I precise that these are not critics but feedback!!

Thx for the hard work!!!  ;)   :)

Hi,

"Resume" still doesn't work when all transcoding options are ticked-off (on a55c8).

I precise that these are not critics but feedback!!

Thx for the hard work!!!  ;)   :)

Try using default settings.

martycirkus

Nope unfortunately "resume" doesn't work on any type of file, even all transcoding options ticked-on...

SamES

You are welcome!!

Hi, could you please provide the mediainfo for a file that won't resume and the server log?  Thanks

SamES

When you say they won't resume, do you mean that if you stop playback and return to the details screen, that there is no resume button?  If so, could you please go back to the home screen then select the item again and confirm whether the resume button now shows?  If it does, please try to resume from it and see if then resumes correctly.  Thanks

martycirkus

When you say they won't resume, do you mean that if you stop playback and return to the details screen, that there is no resume button?  If so, could you please go back to the home screen then select the item again and confirm whether the resume button now shows?  If it does, please try to resume from it and see if then resumes correctly.  Thanks

Yes there is a "resume" button and I see the timeline bar under the movie poster in the detail screen but each time it plays back from the beginning. And this for every kind of files (4k 1080p hevc, h264) with and without all transcoding option ticked-on...

Here are 2 mediainfos for 2 different type of file:

Playback Info
Player:
Html Video Player
Play method:
DirectPlay
Protocol:
http
Stream type:
Video
Video Info
Player dimensions:
3840x1861
Video resolution:
1280x536
Original Media Info
Container:
mov
Bitrate:
1.7 Mbps
Video codec:
H264 High
Video bitrate:
1.5 Mbps
Audio codec:
AAC LC
Audio bitrate:
223 kbps
Audio channels:
Audio sample rate:
48000 Hz

Playback Info
Player:
Html Video Player
Play method:
Transcode
Protocol:
http
Stream type:
HLS
Video Info
Player dimensions:
3840x1861
Video resolution:
3840x1606
Transcoding Info
Video codec:
H264
Audio codec:
MP3
Bitrate:
61.2 Mbps
Transcoding progress:
40.6%
Transcoding framerate:
34 fps
Original Media Info
Container:
mkv
Bitrate:
30.4 Mbps
Video codec:
HEVC Main 10
Video bitrate:
30.4 Mbps
Audio codec:
AC3
Audio bitrate:
640 kbps
Audio channels:
Audio sample rate:
48000 Hz

clos

embyserver.txt

SamES

Sorry, I'm really struggling to reproduce this issue.

martycirkus

@SamES  @@Luke

For me the "resume" function doesn't work for any files.

For example, play is beginning, I fast forward with the timeline, then I stop and go back to the detail screen, I can see the "resume" button and the green timeline below the poster but when I resume it plays back from the beginning.

Or I play the file for 10min (more than 10% of the total lenght  but it does the same, playing back from the beginning.

I even try to change in emby server 3.4.1.0 (on mac osx 10.13.4) the minimum and maximum percentage to resume in the play settings:     min 2%      max 95%       min resume time 300s

Am I doing wrong?

ps: "resume" works with emby dlna with the lg player.

Edited by martycirkus