Actor Images on Shield TV

daniel.bmyer

daniel.bmyer

First off just want to say that I'm really loving Emby after using it for the last 6months or so.  I've used so many different front ends and have to say that so far Emby is my fav by far!

I have a question on Actor Images.  Is there a way to have Emby go through all movies and tv shows and download actor thumbnails?  When viewing a move or tv show they are always blank.  I have to click on each actor, wait up to 2min or longer before an image is downloaded.  Way too long.  If I go to the server on my Unraid Server, when I click on the blank actor image, it loads up pretty quick.  This is definitely a problem on the Shield. I'd like an option to have it download the images by clicking a task and letting it run overnight.

Hi, do you use Emby for metadata or do you have that disabled?

daniel.bmyer

Not sure what you mean.  As far as I know I don't have anything disabled.  I just noticed there's a scheduled task for Refresh People on the server but it doesn't look like it does anythng as the images are not downloaded

FrostByte

Does the library option "download images in advance" also include actor images, or just the standard movie and tv images?

Otherwise I know it won't download those until first time used

Edited by FrostByte

I'm talking about metadata settings for the media, such as your movies and TV series.

daniel.bmyer

I'm talking about metadata settings for the media, such as your movies and TV series.

Still not sure exactly what part you are referring to.  Under Metadata Manager?  I don't have anything anything locked.  It downloads the actor names, it's just the images are not downloaded.

CBers

Still not sure exactly what part you are referring to.  Under Metadata Manager?  I don't have anything anything locked.  It downloads the actor names, it's just the images are not downloaded.

No, in each Library, do you have all or any of the metadata providers disabled ??

5aec812a4fc2a_Screenshot20180504at164942

daniel.bmyer

Well, it depends.  For Movies, none are disabled.  For Series, the MovieDB is disabled...

So that should be fine then. So pick a series or movie where the actors are showing blank images and try refreshing that series or movie.

daniel.bmyer

If I refresh a single movie, it does load up the images.  But I have no desire to click on a couple hundred movies to get the images.  If I refresh the entire library it doesn't load the images.

If I refresh the entire library it doesn't load the images.

It will, just give it time.

daniel.bmyer

Hmm I don't think so otherwise it would have done so last month when I ran a library refresh...

daniel.bmyer

Went to Server Console, Library and refreshed Library.  I also did it from the server ... Home View (where you see what looks similar to what you see on the Shield TV) then clicked the dots, refresh metadata.

Went to Server Console, Library and refreshed Library

Can you please be more specific about the last part? What exactly did you do?

daniel.bmyer

For that one I just did a library scan assuming it would grab missing info...

No, a library scan is just looking for new and updated files. Try clicking the 3-dot menu on a library -> Scan library. Then change the refresh mode to search for missing metadata.

Thanks for the feedback. Why did you feel it wasn't working before?