New Convert Feature request

jaycedk

jaycedk

Hi

Is it posable to add "delete original media" and move the original file, to a predefined trash folder.

I know storage is cheep.

would love to, have this feature.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
Robert X. Gonzalez

Luke,

Sorry for not putting this in future requests....

I have been using the convert since implementation and like others in this thread have experienced similar issues.  What concerns me is that invoking a convert on a folder results in all .mp4/.mkv/.ts being converted.  I did that initially and it just tied down my server and had to delete the queue's.  Converted files play correctly!  Can the following be done:

1- For a folder or even Movie and TV main folder, allow convert to just convert .ts files vs. everything?  I can convert others manually if I deem necessary.  Options should be convert all, only .ts etc.

2- Have the option to auto-delete the .ts file once the .mp4 or .mkv is created (although the .mkv option is not visible to me).  This is killing me most as it duplicates hard drive space and have to take a bit of time to delete the .ts files once converted. 

3-Also, help files associated with new features .... can they be updated to reflect the enhancements.  That would really help me and perhaps others too. (that I know will take time).

Great suggestions, thanks. We are working on documentation for the new feature.

Robert X. Gonzalez

Luke,

One more thing.  For NEW recordings, can the CONVERT option be added up front?  This in addition to after the recording as currently configured so we can record new movies and a TV SERIES and reduce user intervention to convert after the recording is done.  (I hope this makes sense)   This will be helpful for recordings going forward and along with auto delete of .ts files once converted will help keep things organized.  I know some folks might want both .ts and .mp4/mkv for compatibility so this option should be there as well.  However, for me at this time will take up a lot more real estate for duplicate movies with different formats.   I appreciate the laborious work you guys are now undertaking to update the documentation given all the enhancements these past 18 months.  In any event, have my conversions under control finally after a couple weeks...had to stop some recordings to catch up and also put the conversion at full speed as my system is able to handle easily.  That sped up the conversions (had it at minimum and driving me insane as the slow conversions).    Thank you so much for the hard work you and your team are doing!

Robert