emby no longer connects in 3.4.0.0

billneftleberg

billneftleberg

with the new updatei can no longerconnect to my server on my tablet Kindle fire or Amazon fire tv or my windows 10

app or my nexus 7

I keep getting this message

connection failure

we're unable to connect to the selected server right now. please ensure it is running and try again

the only way i can connect is through media browser theater or the dashboard in firefox

on edit:

i completely uninstalled emby and now it seems to connect again , i have to scan my library agan which will take a day to finish but at least it seems to be okay now

i hope at least i cant truly say until the scan is done

Edited by billneftleberg

More than likely this was just a firewall blocking the app.  Sometimes the firewall will set automatic rules when you update an application.

Your re-installing forced our process to re-create rules allowing the communication.

If it happens in the future, check your firewall rules and you may be able to avoid re-installation.

billneftleberg

More than likely this was just a firewall blocking the app.  Sometimes the firewall will set automatic rules when you update an application.

Your re-installing forced our process to re-create rules allowing the communication.

If it happens in the future, check your firewall rules and you may be able to avoid re-installation.

thank you thats a good thing to know

especially since it takes a full day to scan. mines been running since yesterday and and is only at 73.4% but at least it is connecting now

ebr just so you, Know it was not a firewall issue, I could access the server in firefox and ember (a microsoft store app) and Media browser theater (Legacy version) but not on kindle fire , fire tv, emby con (the Kodi addon) or the emby Player app (a  microsoft store app ) what was weird was that both  microsoft apps run on windows. but one saw the server the other didnt..

all of the programs were checked as allowed borh public and private on windows firewall as allowed but some saw the server and others didnt

the only thing i did notice that was different was under app data\emby server where i usually see 2 folders programdata and system,  there were now 3, programdata and system and System.old

seeing this extra folder leads me to believe it had to do with the update process ad the .old suffix is pretty common when updating any software

Edited by billneftleberg

Esme

Ok, i've only had Emby for a total of 3 days, not even, and already i'm facing issues. Apart from not even being able to load whatever i download onto my emby server, now it won't coonect!!! I've even uninstalled and checked my firewall, all is ok there, and when i re-install, same issue, is there something going on here??And to say stupid me i even purchased Premium!! What a dumb move on my part!!! Yup, i'm mighty frustrated right about now...

Hi, we're sorry to hear about your trouble. What exactly do you mean by not able to connect? Do you mean from a different device?

Erik

In my case at least, I found that restarting the computer would bring up the new firewall access request from the new server version.

nyplayer

My server had the major Windows update so I redid firewall.... everything is ok now.

Edited by nyplayer

Esme

Wow talk about quick response! Ok, so i checked firewall, all is ok there, and i just re-installed, so far, so good, it re-connected:)) <-----Happy Camper, i also have a new different question? I download using Bitcomet and i'd love to know how i can automatically have what i download appear on Emby, is there a way to do this? Oh and i'm not really super smart with techie stuff, but hey if you ever need a hand doing some knitting, i'm your gal! lolll

After you've downloaded, how does that program organize it into folders?