Regex for library

loganj

loganj

Is there any way to make emby use some regex while scanning folders for library?

I have a few animes that i would like to keep the name of the group and the resolution in the folder name for each of them but emby seems to be unable to find them.

Also each episode file has the format like this [name of the anime] - [ep number] - [ep name].extension

I could probably add entry to the emby's database from my own database but when i experimented a bit with manual editing metadata by adding ONLY anidb id, i got in local database this kind of string:

AniDB=xxxx|MyAnimeList=xxxx|Tvdb=xxxx|Proxer=xxxx|AniSearch=xxxx|AniList=xxxx|Imdb=xxxx

every xxxx being an ID for each server (different for each server).

So is it posible to add regex for library?

If not, is enough to add only AniDB=xxxx in the database without the rest of the string?

Hi, this is currently not possible. What do you mean by this?

is enough to add only AniDB=xxxx in the database without the rest of the string?

loganj

i meant that the filed [ProvidersIds] in table TypedBaseItems from library database.has this kind of entry AniDB=xxxx|MyAnimeList=xxxx|Tvdb=xxxx|Proxer=xxxx|AniSearch=xxxx|AniList=xxxx|Imdb=xxxxafter i added just the anidb id in metadata info using emby interface

I don't know where it gets the rest of the ids after i've inserted only the anidb id but seems that all are correct

i have all ids for all files/folders (as in entire show) so i can actually write a simple script to add them in database but i have no clue if thats the correct table or not and if it is enough to add only Anidb=xxxx

Using the api would be preferable to the db as it will be more resistant to db changes, although i imagine just talking to the db will take you less time to get up and running. So yes I guess that is OK.

Well actually the server caches folder objects in memory, so if you write to the db directly and then later the series gets saved, your changes could be lost for that series. But for individual media it should be fine.

loganj

i actually start the server only when i need it. so db should be safe if only 1 process access the file. to add 10-12 animes with 12-24 eps each manually with the api its a lot of pain.

thats the only way i found to have emby recognize anything. but i have to admit i didnt try for more than one episode. i wonder if it even understand that is ep 1/2/3/etc :D

The other thing is that if you have local nfo files, then without getting these into the nfo files, the next time the item is refreshed could also result in data being lost. So that's another thing that using the api would help with.

loganj

but i have no nfo file for any movie and data stays there.

plus i have no clue about the data format in nfo file

loganj

and i just realize one problem

the api has anidb /etc id field only for the entire show. for episodes there is no id. so even if i enter the id for the show the episodes will be a total mess

how does the anime plugin works? is there a specific way to use it?

Edited by loganj