Trailers not playing in 1.1.207.70 for Xbox One

Paul77nz

Paul77nz

Many (but not all) movie trailers aren't playing in the latest Xbox One release (1.1.207.70) , I just get a black screen when I try to play most trailers.

They work fine in Emby Theater 1.1.270.0 (from app store) on Windows 10.

Thanks

EDIT: added Windows 10 app version number.

Edited by Paul77nz

Paul77nz

Hi there, can we please look at an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

@@Luke, sorry, should have included server log in first post. Attached now. Also, server version is 3.3.1.0.

The screen just goes black and stays that way until I press the 'stop' button on the remote.

Thanks

server-63660881456.txt

Paul77nz

Can you please try with the new server release? thanks.

@@Luke have updated to latest server release, still gt black screen for most trailers

How are you starting the trailer? from the movie detail screen by clicking the trailer button?

Paul77nz

How are you starting the trailer? from the movie detail screen by clicking the trailer button?

Yes, that's right.

I suspect this is a youtube trialer. When you play it in the web app, does the loading icon look like the youtube loading icon?

Paul77nz

Yes, they are YouTube ones. But they are all working in the Emby Theater app for Windows 10, so I assumed they should work the same in Emby Theater for Xbox One? Isn't it more or less the same app?

And it's not just one or two trailers, it seems to be most of them.

Thanks

Ok yes I can reproduce this on Xbox. I wonder if the youtube resources are being blocked. Unfortunately this could result in us not being able to use the youtube trailers anymore.

Paul77nz

Ok yes I can reproduce this on Xbox. I wonder if the youtube resources are being blocked. Unfortunately this could result in us not being able to use the youtube trailers anymore.

@@Luke Xbox One just runs a version of Windows 10 though and the Emby Theater app on Windows 10 Pro plays them fine, so hopefully not YouTube blocking them.

Any way, I'll leave it with you since you have been able to reproduce it. But let me know if you require any more info from me.

Thanks for your help.

Paul77nz

I'm sure some of the trailers that do play correctly are YouTube.

Any way, I'm sure if it's possible to fix it you'll figure it out.

Thanks again