Emby and google voice

darkassassin07

darkassassin07

When Emby is playing music in the background: If I activate google voice to set a timer for example, when google stops talking emby does not resume playing.

Personally, my phone is on a counter playing music all day at work, and I very regularly set timers, alarms, and send text messages via google voice. Having to manually resume emby every time is a pain :/

As a side note, integration with google voice for things like skipping tracks or play/pause/stop would be really nice to have :)

Edited by darkassassin07

• 2 months later...
darkassassin07

The example here is google voice but emby will not resume after any sound that pauses it since the most recent public release.

When emby is playing something and another app or the system starts playing sound like Google voice, a call, another app, whatever; emby will pause but will not resume once the sound has stopped as I would expect compared to other media player apps.

Expected behavior example:

Emby is playing music (not paused, actually actively playing)

A call is received

Emby pauses (as it does now)

The call ends

Emby resumes playback (not currently happening)

Same goes for other apps playing sound like google voice, excluding notifications. Currently a new text message will play the notification sound over top of emby without pausing it. This shouldn't change. Emby should still not resume playback after another app makes noise if it was not playing before the sound started.

Edited by darkassassin07

darkassassin07

They were complaining that emby would resume if it had been manually paused then they got a call.

Bug/Scenario

listening to a music track

I pause the track, NOT auto paused

phone call comes in, i answer

hang up and emby auto resumes

I have made my own thread about exactly that as well.

Im talking about when emby is actively playing something and it is paused by a sound starting to play from another app. When it has been paused by another sound playing, it should resume when that sound stops.

In my case my phone sits on a counter plugged into a set of speakers all day at work playing music. I work in a kitchen where my hands are usually busy cooking, so I set timers on my phone with google voice pretty frequently. Every time I do I have to manually restart my music which kind of defeats the purpose. But if I play music through another app like media monkey it pauses and resumes as I have described.

Edited by darkassassin07

• 2 weeks later...