[BUG] Audio and Subs Lost on Recording

Spaceboy
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Spaceboy

Hi, my live tv stream generally has two audio streams NAR and ENG and 2 subtitle streams, both eng but different formats. all of this can be chosen through playing live tv in the web app.

recordings that emby makes using this tv stream only produces one audio track, NAR, and no subs. This is not the desired audio. I have compared with another user recording the same program, he is using DVBT2 i am using DVBS2, and he gets all audio and subs.

I understood that recording to .ts was a simple transport stream capture, so where are the audio and subs going?

i have supplied an example to @@ebr of a typical recording that emby has made from this stream. @@PenkethBoy provided some info on the makeup of his and my streams here  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/57485-atv-livetv-failure/?p=569377

• Like 1

Spaceboy

This is stats for nerds in the live tv stream in web app. You can also see from the icons at the bottom that multiple audio and at least one sub are present f9139e55b05dbe0e919b5d094a8741d9.jpg

Spaceboy

If you play with VLC are all there tracks present?

Nope, they are lost in the creation of the .ts

@@ebr has a sample recording and can confirm this

Spaceboy

We are looking into it, thanks.

where has your research taken you please @@Luke ? its a simple stream capture so i don't really understand how this vital information can be lost?

Spaceboy

We are still looking into it, thanks.

no, not really. Please choose from the options below to indicate your understanding of the problem:

1. i havent yet provided you with enough information for you to know what the problem is
  2. i have given you enough info but you don't know what the problem is
  3. you know what the problem is but you don't know how to fix it
  4. you have a fix but its not a priority for implementation

i'm not having you turn round again in a months time and claim its with me to provide you more info. this is a massive negative affecting the server and all clients. it needs attention please

Spaceboy

some more information for you. this is the information in vlc using the m3u i am feeding into emby

5aea021e6a3fd_Capture.png

as per my previous post, i really think this needs to be classified as a BUG in Emby. Could a mod please edit the thread title to reflect this?

Yes of course it's a defect, we just don't have a solution yet. I'm sure the tracks are in there, it's probably the file headers that might need some adjustment when saving to disk.

Spaceboy

Yes of course it's a defect, we just don't have a solution yet. I'm sure the tracks are in there, it's probably the file headers that might need some adjustment when saving to disk.

thanks luke, thats a much more informative answer.

a record transcode log is produced. here it is log.txt

Can you attach the corresponding server log from that? Thanks.

• Solution

Ok please try the next beta server, thanks.

• Like 2

maegibbons

Well done to both for finally getting a solution!!

Krs

Mark