4K streaming seems like a challange for emby !

chudak

That's probably the input resolution. In your transcoding log it looks like we're transcoding 4k to 4k which is going to be a challenge for any cpu. If we cap the output at 1080p it should be fine I would think.

What you can immediately do right now is lower the in-app quality setting to achieve the same result.

chudak

That's probably the input resolution. In your transcoding log it looks like we're transcoding 4k to 4k which is going to be a challenge for any cpu. If we cap the output at 1080p it should be fine I would think.

What you can immediately do right now is lower the in-app quality setting to achieve the same result.

I am dieing to run 4K frankly ...

More interested in making emby more robast :)

Sounds based on what you say that it’s a bug ?

If you want 4K then I would instead focus on direct play. Try an Emby app that will allow you to direct play the video. Or convert it to h264 so that it doesn't need transcoding with the web app.

Whether you want to call this a bug or not is arguable, it's just that our default behavior might be a little aggressive for most environments, if transcoding is required.

chudak

If you want 4K then I would instead focus on direct play. Try an Emby app that will allow you to direct play the video. Or convert it to h264 so that it doesn't need transcoding with the web app.

Whether you want to call this a bug or not is arguable, it's just that our default behavior might be a little aggressive for most environments, if transcoding is required.

How do I enable direct play in emby?

Emby will already direct play when possible. It's not something you need to enable. If something is transcoding and you want to avoid that, your choices are what I just said above:

• Use a different Emby app that supports more formats without transcoding
  • Convert the file to something more universal

RanmaCanada

If you don't know what CPU you have, please install cpuid and post screen shots.  At this point there is so little useful information given by OP that no matter what everyone says, it's not going to help till we actually know what hardware the server is installed on, and what client/hardware OP is trying to play it on.  For all we know they could have it installed on a seriously underpowered laptop and trying to play it on a device that doesn't even support 4k.