Player Icons disappear

mata7

mata7

hi guys, why some mkv shows the player icons like, stop, pause, chapters etc and some mkvs dont, does anyone have this problem?

my english is no great so i can post a pic if you need understand better

thanks

Hi.  If you are talking about on a detail screen it may be because we have no media info for the items.  Try refreshing them with the web app.

mata7

this is what i mean and is on the nvidia shield  and last emby app

Edited by mata7

It is the bad rating information in the item.

The app needs to do a better job of handling that but all that text in your ratings should go.  It should just be a valid rating like "R" or "TV-G".

mata7

first thanks for your help, sorry but i don’t understand, is this a problem wiht my mkv?, why i dont have play pause skip back button chapter on some mkv, is there anything i need to do on my end to fix it

thanks

The buttons are there - they are just scrolled off the screen due to the length of the text in the rating field.  I thought I had accounted for that but the UI is still having trouble with it.

To fix it (and make things like parental controls work properly) you should provide the proper data in your ratings fields (edit info for the items).  It should just be a rating - not all of that descriptive text.

I'm assuming you have either quite old metadata or some that is sourced from something other than Emby.

The next version of the app should also account for this better.

mata7

ok great, yes i use media center master, good that you can fix it because it can be a pain change everything, i don’t look forward to do that, thanks