Custom links in homepage

computerprep

computerprep

With so many parallel services/applications/etc that many of us run alongside Emby, creating custom links in users' homescreens would be very helpful.

For example, there could be another header of links in the left-hand navigation. Customizable header title with customizable links below. Prime example would be a link to Ombi. Or we could link directly to the Emby apps. The possibilities are endless with modular custom links like that. I've been following LDAP progress, so you could link to a management service with that as well.

The same header and list of links should then be available as a home screen section, like My Media and Continue Watching.

• Like 4

Jdiesel

Once upon a time we could include links via the CSS customization. I believe it was removed due to issues with some of the app stores policies, similar to how the app store apps can't access the server plugins.

I'd suggest running your own landing page or something like Organizr.

https://github.com/causefx/Organizr 

computerprep

Once upon a time we could include links via the CSS customization. I believe it was removed due to issues with some of the app stores policies, similar to how the app store apps can't access the server plugins.

I'd suggest running your own landing page or something like Organizr.

https://github.com/causefx/Organizr 

I will definitely check that out, but that would still prohibit app–users from seeing the links. I think it would be completely acceptable for these custom links to be visible ONLY from the webUI. Like you said, similar to server plugins not working.

SkyBehind

+1 for Organizr, that's what you want. Emby probably shouldn't scope creep into that territory

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• 5 years later...

Organizr is severe overkill in my mind, and just another vector for hackers, when all you want is one or two extra links and Emby is the main thing users will use. I would hardly call adding a few external URLs "scope creep"

Edited by ScottyT

Spaceboy
7 hours ago, ScottyT said:

Organizr is severe overkill in my mind, and just another vector for hackers, when all you want is one or two extra links and Emby is the main thing users will use. I would hardly call adding a few external URLs "scope creep"

i think if you look at the reasons given above, this isnt going to happen in emby. organizr is your best bet