TV Card - Not Recognised? TBS 6285 Quad DVB?

markolarko

markolarko

Mention is made of two TV Cards - including Happauge. My card - TBS 6285 a 4 Ch tuner card - Is not listed. In the WiKi it says...

In most cases, Emby Server will automatically discover your HDHomerun on your network with no configuration required. If this does not happen for you, adding a tuner manually is very simple. Simply open the server dashboard, navigate to Live TV, then click Add underneath tuner devices.

But how do I manually introduce / point Emby to the TBS card mentioned above. I dont know the format/protocol for doing this.

Can anybody help me and explain what I need to do?

I have tried discovering the card but it says that no cards were found.

Long story short - Do I need to buy/use another card? If so are there any limits to how many feeds it can handle simultaneously?

I am using this card with WMC Windows under W8.1 Pro and it works very happily. Also numerous other software seem to handle the card with ease?

Waiting in anticipation! See card details below..

Cio

TBS TV Card.pdf

Hi, we don't support this brand of tuner, but you can add support for it via the server wmc plugin.

markolarko

Thanks Luke. Dumb question.. When you say I can add support for it via server wmc plugin... can I clarify.. If I install WMC plugin and then go back to the emby server and add TV Card are you saying it will appear or that within WMC I can access the Emby plugin...

I am looking to ultimately get rid of W8.1 and unfortunately WMC. So I want to use the best alternative software and Emby seems to be highly regarded. If I go down this path then are you of the opinion that I need to buy a new TV Card? If so is there a 'preferred TV Card that you can recommend?

The TV plugins all depend on external software of the same name, so it would require installing the standalone software followed by the emby plugin for it.

For native support in emby we recommend hd homerun tuners.