Phone becomes unresponsive

aahmyu

aahmyu

Hello. When i play some videos that require transcode the phone becomes unresponsive the video continue to play fine but the phone will go to

lock screen like its not being used at all. tapping the screen becomes very slow and takes forever to get out of the video.

Phones is Samsung s7edge app is the latest beta with latest server.

Also i have another issue which is when transcoding an mkv video with internal subtitle  "anime" it doesnt get displayed in the app.

I'll try to provide some logs today after work if they are required.

EDIT: I added logs. the phone was still working though, sluggish but working. maybe its a memory leak or something in the android app? 

Also the subtitle is not being displayed. works fine without transcoding. its internal  substation alpha subtitle. 

Thanks

logs.zip

Edited by aahmyu

curtisandtoni

I'm having the same issue on a Samsung Note 5.  It starts playing and then you can't do anything on the phone.  You can't fast forward or stop the video.  It will go back to the lock screen but keeps playing in the background until it eventually crashes and stops.  It's like the phone is running at 100% CPU usage and you have no control.  I have no issues streaming through the internet, Nvidia Shield, or to my work's iPad so it's an Android issue or at least with this model.

aahmyu

And also i cant access the People or cast page, every time i click on an actor i get the loading spinner and nothing happens. This issue happens on all my devices.

I attached the error from the logs.

Error.txt

And also i cant access the People or cast page, every time i click on an actor i get the loading spinner and nothing happens. This issue happens on all my devices.

I attached the error from the logs.

Well that's different, that's related to the beta server. Thank you for being a part of the testing team.

aahmyu

Well that's different, that's related to the beta server. Thank you for being a part of the testing team.

Sure, i don't mind testing. but what about the rest of the issues? are they also known beta bugs?

• 1 month later...
GrahamH68

Hello. When i play some videos that require transcode the phone becomes unresponsive the video continue to play fine but the phone will go to

lock screen like its not being used at all. tapping the screen becomes very slow and takes forever to get out of the video.

Phones is Samsung s7edge app is the latest beta with latest server.

Also i have another issue which is when transcoding an mkv video with internal subtitle  "anime" it doesnt get displayed in the app.

I'll try to provide some logs today after work if they are required.

EDIT: I added logs. the phone was still working though, sluggish but working. maybe its a memory leak or something in the android app? 

Also the subtitle is not being displayed. works fine without transcoding. its internal  substation alpha subtitle. 

Thanks

I'm having these issues too on a Samsung Note 8.  Are these known bugs as unfortunately it makes the App completely unusable :-(

We're looking into them. Please try again with the next update to the app. thanks.

ShadowKindjal

I know it's not always possible but is there any chance you could give us an ETA? According to the release notes it doesn't seem as if there has been an Android app update for about six months. I'm wondering if I should be concerned. Playback is still a major issue on my Galaxy Note 8 running Oreo along with the app freezing and making my phone unresponsive. If you can't provide an ETA, could you at least provide an alternative to temporarily deal with these issues.

The last update was three months ago. We are working hard on the next release of the app. Thanks !

• Like 1