Problems with the TV Samsung UN40J5200

andersonrs45

andersonrs45

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:11 PM

I have a Samsung TV model: UN40J5200.

I have done all the procedures described in the manual referring to this TV, and at the time of entering the login, it presents the following error message: Wrong username, bad passoword para network error. I wonder if there are any errors in the application of this TV, or if I am doing something wrong.

5adaabddcdcf6_Screenshot_1.png

FrostByte

TV is a J series so 2015 some of which are Orsay.  I'm guessing the 5200 is one of them.

If in the US, UK or Ireland I would instead install the newer official app from the Samsung store.

Are you trying to use your connect userid?  Connect does not work with the old app.

• Like 1

andersonrs45
 I'm in Brazil. Here I can not install this application because it is not available in the official Samsung store. So I did the procedures described in this manual (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9869-samsung-smart-tv-app-install-instructions/?p=277344)  to install Emby on TV

Note:  The category of the Emby installation manual for this TV is described under the title: Install for 2014 H-Series Plus Selected J and K Series

My only difficulty is being able to connect and log into my server to access my catalog. Says that the password or login is wrong.

My only difficulty is being able to connect and log into my server to access my catalog. Says that the password or login is wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
andersonrs45

I am using the user ID by the server. And not by connectionAnd not by connect

FrostByte

Did you enter the IP of the Emby server (not the client IP)?  Use the In-home IP shown in the dashboard.

andersonrs45
A user on my server is trying to connect remotely through my server on this TV. But when it comes in, the name of my server appears, but it does not connect. And it displays this error message even though it correctly enters the user name and password.

A user on my server is trying to connect remotely through my server on this TV. But when it comes in, the name of my server appears, but it does not connect. And it displays this error message even though it correctly enters the user name and password.

5adaabddcdcf6_Screenshot_1.png

chali

and you havent restricted the devices the user can use? i have done that mistake, many times, the error the user gets is that, user password is incorrect.

Skickat från min SM-G965F via Tapatalk

Edited by chali
  • Like 1

FrostByte

@chali have you used the old app remotely before?  That would be good news.  It's been awhile, but I was under the impression the old app didn't support Connect or connecting remotely.

If you're just punching in a server address I don't think the old app will know the difference.

• Like 1

chali

no, sorry i haven't, i just related the error he got to the times i blockt new devices for users.

Skickat från min SM-G965F via Tapatalk

• Like 1

FrostByte

If you're just punching in a server address I don't think the old app will know the difference.

Okay, thanks.  Maybe it will work.  I just recall several people trying without success.  It's obviously seeing the server though so that's good.

FrostByte

Might also try a userid without a password, I seem to recall an issue with that.

andersonrs45

Unfortunately I'm facing another problem. The Emby application does not exit the loading screen  :(

5b02162de0d55_IMAGEM.jpg

Unfortunately I'm facing another problem. The Emby application does not exit the loading screenUnfortunately I'm facing another problem. The Emby application does not exit the loading screeUnfortunately I'm facing another problem. The Emby application does not exit the loading screenUnfortunately I'm facing another problem. The Emby application does not exit the loading 

FrostByte

If the app is still locked at that screen after you turn off/on your TV then you can just reload the app.  It will start over from the beginning

Do you have a Samsung TV also?  Just wondering if the app is working for you.

pmac

@@andersonrs45 have you had any success with this issue yet? I've been having the same problem for ages, and the only way I can get it working (about 75% of the time anyway) is by deleting and reinstalling the app on my tv. This, coupled with the frustration I've been having getting my Android client to reliably connect in my theater room I'm to the point now where I've all but given up on using Emby, and beefed up my satellite subscription; And I've been using Emby since it was Video Browser for WMC... Which sucks, because I'm a huge fan of the project, but if it's not working, it's useless to me. I had no issues whatsoever for years, but the past 4 or 5 months have been extremely frustrating for me.

(BTW I'm using 2.2.4 on my Samsung TV)

@@andersonrs45 have you had any success with this issue yet? I've been having the same problem for ages, and the only way I can get it working (about 75% of the time anyway) is by deleting and reinstalling the app on my tv. This, coupled with the frustration I've been having getting my Android client to reliably connect in my theater room I'm to the point now where I've all but given up on using Emby, and beefed up my satellite subscription; And I've been using Emby since it was Video Browser for WMC... Which sucks, because I'm a huge fan of the project, but if it's not working, it's useless to me. I had no issues whatsoever for years, but the past 4 or 5 months have been extremely frustrating for me.

(BTW I'm using 2.2.4 on my Samsung TV)

@@pmac, apologies for the frustration but this is not our app. This is a community contributed app for older Samsung TV's.

CBers

@@pmac If your TV is the same as @@andersonrs45's, then it runs the Samsung Tizen operating system and the community created app only runs on the older Orsay operating system.

As @@FrostByte suggested to @@andersonrs45 above, try installing the official Emby app from the Samsung App Store.

FrostByte

Some of the entry level 2015s were Orsay, but he won't be able to load the official store app without changing the region at this time.  If they wanted to do that temporarily I'm sure we could get them working.

https://developer.samsung.com/tv/develop/specifications/tv-model-groups

That link doesn't even list the J5200

Either way if/when the official app is available it should present them with the correct version either Orsay or Tizen

Edited by FrostByte

pmac

@@pmac If your TV is the same as @@andersonrs45's, then it runs the Samsung Tizen operating system and the community created app only runs on the older Orsay operating system.

As @@FrostByte suggested to @@andersonrs45 above, try installing the official Emby app from the Samsung App Store.

Mine is the older model, I've had the app working without issue for a couple years or so, it's just (fairly) recently I've been experiencing issues with it. I'd say it works around 75% of the time, other times it stays at the loading screen. Un/reinstalling seems to be the only way to get it working again when this happens.

Whether it's a network issue on my end, or an issue with the app I'm not really sure, but I know this app is no longer updated, since it's for older model tv's. Reinstalling the app and restarting my server seemed to get it working again last night though.

• Like 1