Haugpauge TV Tuner not detected

mamikel

mamikel

Hi

I have the Haupauge Quad TV Tuner shown here: http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/support/support_quadhd.html tuner

Is this TV tuner supported on Windows?  I ask because Emby is not detecting it.  I get the message below.

I had a quick look in the wiki but couldn't see anything about entering the device information manually.

Live TV Tuner Setup

No new devices found. To add a new tuner, close this dialog and enter the device information manually.

thanks

Matt

Edited by mamikel

mamikel

thanks!

re:

did you load wintv v8.5 - Emby needs it to see the tuners

No, I just installed the drivers (available as a dedicated download).  Does it need wintv 8.5 installed and configured?  (Channels tuned etc)?  (I'm just in the process of migrating from Windows Media Center, so unsure on this aspect of it and the wiki seems to imply it will just pick up the tuners - at least my reading of it :)

PenkethBoy

yes - you need the sdk loaded which is not part of the driver install

setup up wintv - tune your channels

then get emby to scan for the tuner again and it should appear

then in emby setup you epg provider - say schedules direct

and away you go

• 4 months later...
FiercePierce

Does this apply to the nVidia Shield which runs a version of Android TV?  I ask because in the Live TV Tuners Setup section, it does not detect my Hauppauge Dual TV Tuner.

Does this apply to the nVidia Shield which runs a version of Android TV?  I ask because in the Live TV Tuners Setup section, it does not detect my Hauppauge Dual TV Tuner.

Hi there, hauppauge support is currently windows only. To learn more, please check out our live tv wiki:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Live%20TV

Thanks.

PenkethBoy

Hauppauge would have to support Android with drivers for the Nvidia Shield first

Last time i checked they had limited support for OS's other than windows

They do already.  The tuner you can purchase for the Shield TV and use in Live Channels, Plex, Tablo, etc is a Hauppauge tuner.

Personally for a few buck more you can purchase a 2 tuner HDHomeRun that is more versatile.

Is there any active plans to support the Hauppauge Tuners on the EMBY Server for Android TV or more specifically, the nVidia Shield?

We'd like to support it on more platforms in the future. Thanks.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

thats a shame at the moment its the only thing stopping me switching over as there is no liunx support on emby for these tuners would be great if we could use them like in plex. 

just set up tvheadend and the proxy and everything was great apart from tvheadend`s cookies breaking all my other web ui`s in chrome and i can not find a solution apart from clearing the broswer each time. its so annoying as it was so close to being great. guessing back to plex. 

• 2 weeks later...

searched and searched for a solution to the tvheadend cookie problem and simply can not find one and really need a web interface, i suppose once set up it will not be needed to often so might just have to live with it, im getting sick of plex at the moment and really want a change to a server that supports the tuners natively and as good live tv options. 

thanks I looked at trying to use another pvr but dvblink now does not have a Web interface in TV mosaic and you don't appear to be able to buy the old one from them. I'm going to retry tvheadend and see if opening it through orginizer makes a difference or just use a separate browser for it and then apps to play back stuff

right the organizer route does not work as its the cookies from the server that are the issue, so anything using cherrypy is not working now, does look like another program is needed so so close lol 

now got TVmosaic working apart from the logos, as its a docker install i can not set the logos up in the server, and emby does not seem to load logos even when they are put in the metadata folder.

SHSPVR

Yes it would have been nice if the emby crew could had build there own direct interface to access the hauppauge tuner with out the need of WinTV software so who know maybe in near future they address this.

If and when they ever do move to Linux they have to do that if want support anything other then the HDHomeRun device as a lot linux user all ready have USB, PCI or PCIe DVB/ATSC tuner.

Might not help much, but just in general, NextPVR is apparently working on going multi-platform with their version 5. Might take a while though...

https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?60898-4-2-3-available-(11th-November)

That should be interesting