Airplane mode on Galaxy S9 Makes Emby Unusable

kraythax

kraythax

When I start up the app while the phone is in airplane mode it just spins with the loading screen and never shows anything. If I kill the app sometimes it will let me go to my downloads and play one song but if I hit back it spins again. It means Emby is essentially useless to me if I am not at home connected to my server and that is contrary to my goals with this software. In fact, there are many times such as on my frequent flights, that I have no network connectivity at all. 

Edited by kraythax

screwfaze

Hi @@Luke

I have just got this phone and travelling a lot at the moment, any idea when this next release will be out as I really need to use Emby.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
kraythax

We are looking into it, thanks.

Any idea when this will be? I am going on a business trip Tuesday and as it is I cant access my media if I am not on my home wifi. Making me really rethink continuing my Emby subscription.  

Hi, I apolgoize. We will probably not have an app update out by Tuesday as there are other changes in progress related to the download feature that are not ready yet.

What you should be able to do though is close the app, go into airplane mode, and then open the app. When the server connection attempt eventually times out, the server selection screen will have a "My Downloads" button that you can click. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
kraythax

Hi, I apolgoize. We will probably not have an app update out by Tuesday as there are other changes in progress related to the download feature that are not ready yet.

What you should be able to do though is close the app, go into airplane mode, and then open the app. When the server connection attempt eventually times out, the server selection screen will have a "My Downloads" button that you can click. Thanks.

Any update on this? Right now Emby is completely unusable to me because I really need the ability to run on my android and If I cant access my content in airplane mode, or any other offline mode, its useless to me since I am on the road a lot. Debating whether I should stick with emby or go back to plex. 

• 2 weeks later...
screwfaze

@@Luke any progress on this mate I know you are working hard on this can you give an estimate when we will have the update?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

It has now been 5 months since I reported this issue and there is no updates. I take it that Emby is telling me this isnt the platform for me? Plex can play in airplane mode but the emby app still cannot. Why is that? I have cancelled my subscription today because of this. I will no longer pay for a product I cannot use. 

• 3 weeks later...