Emby FireTV - Network Keep Alive?

capodac

capodac

I'm transitioning from Plex to Emby and so far I'm very impressed with the ease of use and how well the transcoding is working. I got the FireTV setup and everything is streaming beautifully. Here's where the night got REAL. The wife lays down in bed and I have her download the app and show her how to navigate everything. We select the Cast (Play On) so she can engage in Emby Streaming bliss, but only her device is shown...This is the moment I facepalm, she's annoyed and we're off to the races! I bring up my FireTV App hit the back button and boom, now the device is showing in the Cast menu of Emby.

My thought here is the client has a timeout (sleep) with no form of keep-alive. Here's my question, how do I keep my clients from sleeping and not being available via the Emby cast menu? Thanks!

UPDATE: This may have been due to me restarting the server earlier (just remembered that). Are the clients supposed to re-establish their connection after a restart or do we need to go to the endpoint and engage in some sort of activity so it re-initiates the connection?

Edited by capodac

Hi, we are actually actively looking at this. Although it's not imminent, it is something we are looking at. Thanks.

capodac

Sounds good bud; thanks for the quick reply. Just for clarification are you guys looking into the clients network connection "sleeping" or the clients not reestablishing the connection after a server restart?

Or is the answer yes?  ;)

CBers

Why not try the Android TV app on your Fire TV?

No need for other apps on either of your devices (phones) then :)

capodac

Why not try the Android TV app on your Fire TV?

No need for other apps on either of your devices (phones) then :)

Can you elaborate on that? I want her to be able to cast from her phone without having to use the FireTV remote.

CBers

Can you elaborate on that? I want her to be able to cast from her phone without having to use the FireTV remote.

If you have the "Emby for Fire TV" app on the Fire TV, then you don't need to cast.