Server hesitates to push artwork intermittently

NovaBiele

NovaBiele

Hello,

So I've been using emby for years now (loving it) and have had an issue thats been dogging me for a while.  My server seems to get 'hung up' for about 30-60 seconds every now and then when serving up artwork to clients.  Is only happens when I access it after long spells of not accessing the server (It could be days or hours) and it doesn't even happen every time after these periods.  But once the delay happens, the server seems to send everything out to clients very quickly for the rest of the session.

It happens on all three clients I use: Android app, web app, and Emby for WMC.  Happens on the local LAN and over the internet.

I'm not entirely convinces this is even an Emby issue, but hoping for some guidance.

I attached a log file from an instance where the following happened:  Emby starts up, I tried to log on with the wrong password, I logged on with the corrrect password, I navigated to my 'Movies' library, there was a roughly ~60 delay, then all the artwork showed up extremely fast.

Thanks

server-63659822403.txt