Library Conversion-Keep setttings

Ovrclck350

Ovrclck350

I'm doubtful that this is going to be as easy of a process as I had hoped, but I've recently replaced my RAID setup with a better one and I'm now in the mood to do some long intended maintenance/conversion on my library.

What I'd like to do is take all 700+ titles ripped into DVD/Folder structure in my Movies library---all located on F:\Media Libary\Movies\ --and convert them to lossless MKV files.  Each MKV will be placed into the original movie folder and I'll then delete the native folder structure (The Video_TS or BDMV folders, etc).  

The only thing that makes this a pain, is that I really do not want to lose my Date added information, or my Watched tags.

I know I can batch command to change all the MKV file dates--and if I'm not mistaken EMBY will use the file date as the date added date, but I have no clue the best way to transfer all the watched tabs. 

Am I going to have to do this the long way, or is there a simpler way to maintain the date added and watched tags?

Thanks!

Ovrclck350

Thanks Luke.  I've read through all that repeatedly, but the part I'm unclear on is that currently Emby sees, let's say-- F:\MediaLibrary\Movies\Back to the Future (1985) (DVD)\Video_TS and sees it as a DVD. 

After I convert, when I rescan the library, in that location Emby will find F:\MediaLibrary\Movies\Back to the Future (1985) (DVD)\Back to the Future (1985) (DVD).mkv   Since it's now a different media, MKV vs DVD, will it still retain the watched the same with that plugin?