Firestick Question

arche

arche

Still new to Firestick and just getting used to it as I wanted to test it out. Some of my users are using this with Live TV and have noticed if they just turn off there TV, Emby will still stream. Is there a setting in Firestick to stop streaming when the TV is off or is this just something I will have to let them know to back out of before turning off the TV? Figured I might be missing a setting somewhere.

Thanks

arche

Not from what I've seen. I have tested on a new firestick (non-beta), if a movie is paused it will still show as live connection and if using Live TV will still show a streaming connection with just turning off the TV. Seems you actually have to back out of the movie or live tv to have the connection terminated. Was assuming this was a firestick thing and not related to anything with emby. I can recreate it and post logs if needed.

We don't know that the TV is off but there is an option in the app under "Playback Settings" called "Runaway Playback Prevention".  Tell them to turn it on.

arche

I will make sure to have them enable this feature. I see this also being an issue if they are pulling the power from a wall outlet versus plugging the usb into the back of the TV. Will have them switch the power source form the wall outlet to the TV to help with this. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks for the help.