Hardware Acceleration - How do I know if I can use this?

JDeLuca

JDeLuca

Hi,

I’m new to emby, previous Plex user.  I’m interested in the Hardware Acceleration feature, but don’t want to screw things up this early in my testing.  Emby is running on Windows 10, Intel Core i7 @ 2.90GHz, 16GB RAM, Display Adapter Intel HD Graphics 4600.  I’m not sure what else I should be looking at here?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

JDeLuca

Yes, Under Settings > Server > Transcoding > Hardware Acceleration

5ad65b9e1c4f1_pic.png

Edited by JDeLuca

JDeLuca

For your GPU select quick sync and I'd suggest disabling hardware decoding, and test it.

Thank you, I'll play around with it this week.  So far, I really like some of the features that Plex has been lacking. 

Guest asrequested

One thing to keep in mind, at this time CPU fallback I don't think has be implemented. So if your GPU gets maxed out, the subsequent transcodes will fail. The newer Intel GPUs can handle many transcodes, but I don't know how many yours will handle.

• Like 1

JDeLuca

Thank you, I'll play around with it this week.  So far, I really like some of the features that Plex has been lacking. 

So, I got some inconsistent results recording.  One show was a bit fuzzy when viewing, see below.    While another started off looking like below, but smoothed out.  Not sure what to change here?

5ad87eadbdcc3_20180419_0731.png

JDeLuca

Hi guys,

I set Hardware acceleration back to none, and the recordings seems to be good now.  Yes, I do have the automatically convert recordings enabled.  Didn't try disabling it with the hardware acceleration on,, but I'm think I'm good.