Music not playing after upgrade to v 3.3.1.0

StreamingMagic

StreamingMagic

Using the Enby App Version 3.3.1.0  Trying to play a FLAC Music File.  Since app version update the file will not play any longer on the Nvidia Shield.  I have two of them and both have the same problem.  No problem exists on the Webapp or Android mobile app version of emby.

User Action:  User "Optimus Prime" Navigate to album "The Best of Earth Wind and Fire" select "Play all" and then the player goes through each music file in the album one.  It is stuck at 0:00 and then moves onto the next item and so forth until it reaches the end of the album.

Log Files sent at 5:38pm PST from client.  Files attempted to play just a minute or two before that time.  Link to actual files can be sent to developer off line for testing if needed for additional troubleshooting.  Other FLAC type files (suspecting those with 88.2 khtz rate) are having problems too.  Seems not to effect any MP3 or lower quality FLAC like 44.1 khtz files.

Thanks for you help!

•  
  •  

Yes, I suspect it is the higher sample rate.  We updated the player in the new app version so I'll have to see what we can do about this.

Thanks.

StreamingMagic

Thanks for looking at this!  Appreciate any help you can provide.  Yes Luke I do believe this would be considered "Direct Play"  this is all happening on a Local network if that makes a difference.

On the Server Machine, if I play through Chrome browser it plays fine.  Also plays fine on my Android Mobile device through the Emby app.  I believe in those situations the server is re-sampling the music to a lower quality AC3 file so probably why it is playing ok in those instances.

I agree with ebr that it's something to do with the higher sample rates- that's what I would bet on.  Ideally I would like to see this audio  "passed through" to my receiver, unaltered, but there's probably more to it than that.  It seemed on the older version it would just re-sample everything to 48khtz , which I was not a fan of, but it did work.

pir8radio

NEVERMIND,  Different issue   Ignore this.    :)

Edited by pir8radio

StreamingMagic

Thanks for trying. I'm sorry to report that it is still not working, but failing in a different way. Now the file will attempt to play through full duration, however all I hear is loud static, with a faint sound of music in background.

Logs sent from this device to developer at approximately 10:13pm pst.