Metadata Movie Posters

qnvy82

qnvy82

Hello,

When my movies are done scanning, I've noticed that a lot of my movies aren't picking up the movie posters. Any ideas why this happens?

Thanks,

Hi there, @@qnvy82, can you please go over an example? What is the movie and what is the filename as well as the parent folder name? Is it in a library using the Movies content type?

What version of Emby Server are you running, and on what OS/platform? Thanks !

qnvy82

Hi there, @@qnvy82, can you please go over an example? What is the movie and what is the filename as well as the parent folder name? Is it in a library using the Movies content type?

Please see attached. I'm running the latest version of Emby 3.3.1.0 on Windows Server 2016. I have the parent folders separated by letters. If the movie letter begins with "A", it goes in the "A" folder. this has helped with the slow scanning problem that I initially had, but now i'm noticing that a lot of my movie posters are missing. There are too many for me to post here. I have attached some files that show examples of what i'm trying to explain. Thanks. 

post-198521-0-72863900-1524169604_thumb.png

post-198521-0-84373700-1524170201_thumb.png

post-198521-0-23549300-1524170213_thumb.png

post-198521-0-40690600-1524170223_thumb.png

psybertech

Please see attached. I'm running the latest version of Emby 3.3.1.0 on Windows Server 2016. I have the parent folders separated by letters. If the movie letter begins with "A", it goes in the "A" folder. this has helped with the slow scanning problem that I initially had, but now i'm noticing that a lot of my movie posters are missing. There are too many for me to post here. I have attached some files that show examples of what i'm trying to explain. Thanks. 

Just curious.. are your movies in folders under the letter?

So 

/c/California Suite (1978)/California Suite 1978.ext

or 

/c/California Suite 1978.ext

Big difference if it is the latter.... it won't work properly. You need the former.

Edited by psybertech

qnvy82

Just curious.. are your movies in folders under the letter?

So 

/c/California Suite (1978)/California Suite 1978.ext

or 

/c/California Suite 1978.ext

Big difference if it is the latter.... it won't work properly. You need the former.

it would be /c/California Suite 1978.ext in my case. So you're saying that each file needs to have a parent folder with the same name minus the .ext in order for the scanning to work properly? if so, a powershell script would be the only way i could fix that in a short period of time on my platform because i have too many files. thanks. 

No, movie folders are not required but recommended.

Can you show the contents of the c folder?

qnvy82

No, movie folders are not required but recommended.

Can you show the contents of the c folder?

please see attached

post-198521-0-55971800-1524197838_thumb.png

Orion328

just food for thought... i used to have the same problem, and i found if you right clicked on the movie you're having issues with, then looked at the properties, then the "Details" tab, SOMETIMES, you'll see that someone has put in a movie name/title in the "Title" field. like i said, SOMETIMES that's what messed things up for me.

if that's also the case for you, you can remove that quite easily for mp4 files. here's a link that should help walk you through that

mkv files are a bit more messy but it can be done, too

• 3 weeks later...

just food for thought... i used to have the same problem, and i found if you right clicked on the movie you're having issues with, then looked at the properties, then the "Details" tab, SOMETIMES, you'll see that someone has put in a movie name/title in the "Title" field. like i said, SOMETIMES that's what messed things up for me.

if that's also the case for you, you can remove that quite easily for mp4 files. here's a link that should help walk you through that

mkv files are a bit more messy but it can be done, too

Good suggestion, however this would only matter if he enabled the option to prefer embedded titles over file names, and that option is off by default.

@@qnvy82 have you tried using the Identify feature on one of these titles to make sure it is properly matched with an internet database? 

That would be a good thing to try on one of them.

The only other thing I can think of is that perhaps you disabled internet metadata and/or images and if you did that, then an image would be extracted.