App crashes 4-5 seconds into video playback.

therawuncut

gaaten

The beta that is up right now seems to have fixed the unexpected fc we have been experiencing. Have not tested a complete movie but it at least held up for 10min straight on multiple clips. Good work

Only thing I am noticing now that might have been introduced with this version is the progress bar does not have any relationship to what part of the movie is being played back. So if I skip to the end it will play the credits,but indicate it is somewhere random in the middle. If I change quality it will skip to the position it is indicating.

Ok thanks. For your device we're having the app use our secondary video player, perhaps there is an issue there that needs looking at. We'll do more testing. That's not something that everyone will be seeing as we'd never allow something like that to go out to release. Thanks.

gaaten

Ok thanks. For your device we're having the app use our secondary video player, perhaps there is an issue there that needs looking at. We'll do more testing. That's not something that everyone will be seeing as we'd never allow something like that to go out to release. Thanks.

So since I have the sideloaded play store on this hd 8 I figured I would install webview from the play store, Amazon has their own version so I guess the fallback Google webview it is not that frequently updated. Anyway the progress bar is now working with the latest google webview. Maybe you can test with Amazon webview for these devices? Just a thought. Anyway thanks a bunch for helping us Amazon tablet guys.

Edited by gaaten

• 1 month later...
maxxoverclocker

So since I have the sideloaded play store on this hd 8 I figured I would install webview from the play store, Amazon has their own version so I guess the fallback Google webview it is not that frequently updated. Anyway the progress bar is now working with the latest google webview. Maybe you can test with Amazon webview for these devices? Just a thought. Anyway thanks a bunch for helping us Amazon tablet guys.

gaaten,

Did you do anything additional other than installing google webview? Is it *still* working for you? Latest (stable) release now plays audio only- no video. With and without the webview app installed. 

gaaten,

Did you do anything additional other than installing google webview? Is it *still* working for you? Latest (stable) release now plays audio only- no video. With and without the webview app installed.

Hi no I just installed webview in order to get the search bar to work properly. I tested just now and it seems I too am getting only sound atm. Sometimes it even refuses to start playback altogether. This is with direct and transcoded,same issue. From the same device using Chrome in app.emby.com it works ok.

Running the latest Beta app and stable server.

maxxoverclocker

Hi no I just installed webview in order to get the search bar to work properly. I tested just now and it seems I too am getting only sound atm. Sometimes it even refuses to start playback altogether. This is with direct and transcoded,same issue. From the same device using Chrome in app.emby.com it works ok.

Running the latest Beta app and stable server.

Yup. Ok, you're getting the same behavior as I am then. I'm running latest stable client and latest stable server.

• 9 months later...
Jibest

Old thread I know but I'm having the same issue on an old Fire Hd6.

Google play sideloaded & Emby installed.

What was the solution here? Thread seems to end abruptly?

Jibest

5.1.1 Lollipop

Currently using VLC as the external player & it's working fine like that.

Good enough for my needs on this tablet.

Thanks for the info. We'll try to look into what's going on with this device.

• 2 weeks later...