Feature request: Autoplay next song when browsing artist songs

todda7

Hi, it should be doing this already. I just tested this and its' working fine for me. How did you start playing it?

todda7

By simply navigating to an artist, clicking the first track in the song list, and waiting. I'm remote controlling another web app instance though, maybe that's got something to do with it.

todda7

Firefox remote controlling Chrome on Emby Version 3.3.1.18 beta.

I just found that the issue only happens for some songs, so I don't think remote playing is related after all.

For the same artist, some tracks consistently autoplay next when finished and others consistently do not.

I haven't tested that lately, but i have tested it before. In any event, if that version is based on Chromium 65, then other users reported similar issues that it's resolved in 66 beta.

todda7

Starting vivaldi from command line, then this happens when tracks are supposed to transition:

[1:21:0416/213850.047033:ERROR:render_media_log.cc(34)] MediaEvent: MEDIA_ERROR_LOG_ENTRY {"error":"Failed to send audio packet for decoding: timestamp=397782727 duration=26122 size=234 side_data_size=0 is_key_frame=1 encrypted=0 discard_padding (ms)=(0, 0)"}
[1:21:0416/213850.047247:ERROR:render_media_log.cc(34)] MediaEvent: MEDIA_ERROR_LOG_ENTRY {"error":"audio decode error"}
[1:21:0416/213850.071070:ERROR:render_media_log.cc(34)] MediaEvent: MEDIA_ERROR_LOG_ENTRY {"error":"audio error during playing, status: PIPELINE_ERROR_DECODE"}
[1:1:0416/213850.071269:ERROR:render_media_log.cc(34)] MediaEvent: PIPELINE_ERROR PIPELINE_ERROR_DECODE

It does not happen for tracks that are able to transition. Also, all tracks play perfectly fine when manually clicked (even those that trigger the above error)

OK, I'll test when i have a chance to fire up Vivaldi again but I'm not able to reproduce in other browsers, and similar reported issues against newer chromium builds have indicated success. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
todda7

OK, I'll test when i have a chance to fire up Vivaldi again but I'm not able to reproduce in other browsers, and similar reported issues against newer chromium builds have indicated success. Thanks.

@@Luke, I switched to Firefox 59.0.2-1 on the server and continue to have the same problem.

I can't reproduce this, sorry. it is working as expected here. To be honest I use this function almost every day, so if there's a problem I'll know immediately. I will continue to test and keep an eye out for it though.

That's an error for a logo image. It won't affect playback, however, since you're running the beta server it's important to make sure you're on the latest. Thanks.