No channels show when trying to Map Channels

eric859
Go to solution Solved by eric859,

eric859

I put in my xtream-editor m3u list url and xmltv url which work fine in Kodi and other iptv players.  I can see all the channels in Emby Theater but I cannot map channels from the server settings to get the epg to work.  When I click Map Channels, no channels show up.  I checked the log and see the following error:

2018-04-16 11:17:29.369 Error HttpServer: Error processing request	*** Error Report ***	Version: 3.3.1.0	Command line: C:\Users\eric8\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\eric8\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\eric8\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0	64-Bit OS: True	64-Bit Process: True	User Interactive: True	Processor count: 8	Program data path: C:\Users\eric8\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata	Application directory: C:\Users\eric8\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system	System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()	   at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadToDescendant(String name)	   at Emby.XmlTv.Classes.XmlTvReader.GetChannels()	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.Listings.XmlTvProvider.<GetChannels>d__22.MoveNext()	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---	   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)	   at MediaBrowser.Api.LiveTv.LiveTvService.<Get>d__19.MoveNext()	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---	   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.<Execute>d__2.MoveNext()	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---	   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__15.MoveNext()	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---	   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.<RequestHandler>d__74.MoveNext()	System.Xml.XmlException	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()	   at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadToDescendant(String name)	   at Emby.XmlTv.Classes.XmlTvReader.GetChannels()	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.Listings.XmlTvProvider.<GetChannels>d__22.MoveNext()	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---	   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)	   at MediaBrowser.Api.LiveTv.LiveTvService.<Get>d__19.MoveNext()	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---	   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.<Execute>d__2.MoveNext()	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---	   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__15.MoveNext()	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---	   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.<RequestHandler>d__74.MoveNext()

Is this url returning valid xml? There appears to be an error parsing it:

2018-04-16 11:08:30.078 Info App: xmltv path: http://xtream-editor.com/en/get/epg/B5A14F0FB48F52BB2EB1844B385D1B18
2018-04-16 11:08:30.094 Error App: Error adding metadata
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.3.1.0
	Command line: C:\Users\eric8\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\eric8\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\eric8\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: C:\Users\eric8\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application directory: C:\Users\eric8\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()

eric859

just found out that there is a 50 request limit on xtream-editor xml links.  I plan on trying this at midnight to see if it is the reason I'm having issues.

• Solution
eric859

It all of a sudden started working.  Apparently, with all my devices, I requested the xmltv url 50 times in one day.  I don't see how that's possible, but it seems to have been the reason I wasn't getting anything. 

• 6 months later...
atomicmoon

It all of a sudden started working.  Apparently, with all my devices, I requested the xmltv url 50 times in one day.  I don't see how that's possible, but it seems to have been the reason I wasn't getting anything. 

I just set my Xtream-Editor up everywhere, Perfect Player, Kodi, etv, but I'm running into a similar issue as previously posted. About 20 of my 200 channels have a guide.

I use IPTV with Emby solely for DVR usage, but without the EPG I can't schedule recordings lol. 

I'm hoping this issue will clear up within 24hrs, but Eric859, if you have anything more you can share on this, I'd really appreciate it!