Error: No compatible streams are currently available

thaBadfish

thaBadfish

I'm having issues with a particular folder. Other folders on the same hard drive and other hard drives seem to work without issues. The error is specifically "Playback Error: No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.".

Logs seem to indicate its a ffmpeg issue. I installed emby super recently, as I just reformatted this computer several weeks ago (late March).

server-63659380331.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-58ee41e2-7eb1-45e3-a65e-30deea442c4f.txt

Hi, look at the permission denied error at the bottom of the ffmpeg log. Looks like emby server is being denied access to that folder.

thaBadfish

Thanks Luke, I appreciate your help, and I was able to resolve the issue. As I said I reformatted my computer recently, and I should've mentioned emby had no issues before I reformatted. When I checked the folders security, "everyone" was listed, so I didn't check into this any further. Based on your response, I dug a little deeper. Here's my resolution for anyone who may run into this issue:

Right click root folder containing whatever videos are not working --> properties --> security tab --> edit button to change permissions --> remove button to clear existing permissions --> add button, type in "Everyone" under "Enter the object names to select". Once you press Ok, you will see a progress bar indicating windows is applying (or re-applying) permissions to all the sub-folders.

Once I went through this process, the issue went away.