Initiating playback on any episode adds items to 'Next Up'

psybertech

psybertech

Odd one...

I just added a new playlist (my second total) with a few TV series (none of which I have viewed in Emby yet) and after creating the playlist, the 'Next Up section showed S01E01 for one of the shows added.

Interestingly enough, it was the last show looking at it as sorting by name descending and probably clicking to add to the playlist in the multi-select option).

So in my case I added:

Star Trek - Deep Space 9

Star Trek - Discovery

Star Trek - Enterprise

Star Trek - The Next Generation

Star Trek - Voyager

And Star Trek - Voyager showed up in the 'Next Up' with S01E01 as the first item.

I did test the 'Shuffle' option on the playlist, but didn't play past a couple of seconds. It didn't show up in 'Continue Watching' area.

(Min resume percentage is 1, but again, never got past a few seconds)

I'd attach the log, but I do have a tiny concern since it shows my email address a bunch of times (notifications -> email).

I really don't want to regex the log right now.

If needed I can PM it...

FWIW: my first playlist is just movies.

Thanks!

J

Edited by psybertech

I did test the 'Shuffle' option on the playlist, but didn't play past a couple of seconds. It didn't show up in 'Continue Watching' area.

That is the answer.  Initiating any playback on one of those items made it so that at least one of them had been played at some point in the past which made it a candidate for next up.

psybertech

That is the answer.  Initiating any playback on one of those items made it so that at least one of them had been played at some point in the past which made it a candidate for next up.

OK, thanks for the confirmation on how it starts. Interesting.

Now my logical request would be to exclude items played inside a playlist from the "next up" section, but I know that is just a mess.

Anyway... Thanks again!

J

Edited by psybertech