playlists not importing problem

gittyup

gittyup

Saw a post by an admin in the testing area that stated that emby now supports playlist imports.  I was running 3.1.1.0 and tried it and it did not work.  Then I updated to 3.1.1.15 and tried it again.  Playlists in the same folder as the music files now work.  But large playlists that point explicitly to other files in other folders (non-relative path names) do not.  Message is:

"

Playback Error
    No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.
"

Playlist tiles do appear to show relevant artwork and m3u formats of working playlists look identical to nonworking.  Here is snippet from a working playlist in the same folder as the files it points to:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:213,Abdel Wright - Quicksand
F:\Music\Abdel Wright\Abdel Wright\01 Abdel Wright - Quicksand.mp3
#EXTINF:191,Abdel Wright - Loose We Now
F:\Music\Abdel Wright\Abdel Wright\02 Abdel Wright - Loose We Now.mp3

And here is a snippet of one that does not work and is not in a folder with any music files:

F:\Music\Abdel Wright\Abdel Wright\02 Abdel Wright - Loose We Now.mp3
F:\Music\Abdel Wright\Abdel Wright\05 Abdel Wright - Human Behaviour.mp3
F:\Music\Abdel Wright\Abdel Wright\07 Abdel Wright - My Decision.mp3
F:\Music\Abdel Wright\Abdel Wright\01 Abdel Wright - Quicksand.mp3

gittyup

So you have an m3u file that is not tagged with #extinf lines?

And the problem is?    They play in many other tools.  If that is the problem, how about saying so instead of being snide about it.  And comments (# statements) are optional information.  They aren't required to be an m3u playlist.

Edited by gittyup

Sorry that wasn't my intention. I was only trying to confirm if that was true or not.

gittyup

Sorry that wasn't my intention. I was only trying to confirm if that was true or not.

I know you probably respond to hundreds of posts.  That might lead you to being "short" on some responses.  I get that.  I have to keep that in mind.  So I'm also sorry. 

Is it the case that your release only works with extended M3U files?  That is the only difference I see in these.  You did state in your post in the testing forum that you were still working on relative paths.  So, I made sure paths were explicit.  So that is not the issue.  I've tried to save the playlists using MediaMonkey as extended M3U files, but I can't get MM to add the hash comments.  Not sure why.  Alas!  I'm still searching for a client-server app that will play my music and playlists on my Amazon Fire TV.  I want PC control so I can watch a different input on my television (like sports) while listening to music.  Unbelievable that I don't have a working solution yet.