SPMC and Kodi no longer an option for playback?

RanmaCanada

RanmaCanada

So for some reason I can no longer play back files with SPMC or Kodi.  If I select them as the default player in Android, Emby still wants me to pick another player as neither SPMC or Kodi are on the list of available players.  In the OS itself, it recognizes when I select either program as the default player, and will play files perfectly fine.  In Emby, it doesn't see that either program is installed and demands I use something like VLC or MxPlayer, which both have horrible subtitle support.  I don't think there is a log for this as it doesn't come up as an error, it just wants me to pick another program as the default player, other than the one I have already chosen.

Hi.  The app has no control over this.  We request to play a certain url or media type and the OS determines what apps are available to do it.

RanmaCanada

Well something has changed because I never had this problem before, and suddenly I can no longer choose these 2 programs to play the files in Emby.  It wouldn't be so bad, but the subtitle support is seriously lacking in everything but SPMC/Kodi (they only tell you the language of the track and don't give you the names of it, ie Director's commentary or signs/songs or dialogue)

I wish I could give more information.

Edited by RanmaCanada