Question about "Latest Episodes"

omegga
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

omegga

The "Latest Episodes" section is way off and shows about 10 shows constantly at the top while the actually recently added episodes get pushed to the bottom. Any reason that could be causing this? 

Happy2Play

You need to look at the Date Added field in the metadata manager for the items that are not correct.

omegga

I checked the Date Added for the TV show and all episodes for one of the series which is showing up at the top all the time. They seem to be correct and there are episodes with Date Added which are much more recent.

i would compare the date added of the ones at the top vs. the ones at the bottom because that's how they are sorted.

omegga

I did that. Let me post a screenshot.

Here, for example, Marvel's AoS has the most recent episode on 23rd March whereas there are episodes like Jim Jefferies, which has a date added of 10th April. Notice how some of the shows at the top are old ones which aren't even airing currently.

5ace76a7bd7cc_ScreenShot20180412at22611A

Happy2Play

Okay looking at your screenshot what is the date added on the last episode of Reno 911?  Just because they aren't airing doesn't mean there isn't a issue with Date Added.

I know on all my beta and stable machines they display correctly.

Happy2Play

Okay just tested and it can be any episode of a series that can throw Latest off.  So unfortunately you would have to verify every episode.

Have you added any missing episodes to any of your series?  Do you add media by "created date" or "date scanned into library"? Dashboard-Library-Advanced

omegga

I just set up emby and scanned all my media last week. Since then, other episodes have been added but they don't show up at the top. In settings, I've set it to "Date scanned into library".

• Solution

Look at all of those other episodes.  One of them is going to have a date added that is very recent.

omegga

Okay, that helped. Some of the episodes have a date added of 1st Jan 2098 lol. Is there any way that I can force it to ignore that? Or change it for multiple items efficiently?

Happy2Play

Okay, that helped. Some of the episodes have a date added of 1st Jan 2098 lol. Is there any way that I can force it to ignore that? Or change it for multiple items efficiently?

Not really.

if you are willing to support the dev there is are Premium plugins that can reset Dated Added to the Release Date.  TimeLord plugins for TV and Movies

The other option is just changing the date added behavior. There is help text right in your screenshot that mentions it.

omegga

@@Happy2Play I already have Emby Premiere. I'll check it out. Thanks.

@@Luke I've set it to use "Date scanned into library". But, it says that it'll use the metadata value if it's already present.

Correct yes, so changing that setting will only affect new items added going forward. But if those items you add happen to come with pre-existing nfo, and if those nfo files contain a date added value, then that will take precedence.

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play I already have Emby Premiere. I'll check it out. Thanks.

They are Premium plugins, nothing to do with Emby Premiere.