Slow Emby on 42LB671V-ZB

epox001

epox001

Here is the configuration of my tv LG:

Model: 42LB671V-ZB

webOS tv version : 1.4.0-2525 (afro-ashley)

Emby 1.06

Server : 

Name :ProLiant DL380 G5Version

CPU: 8x Intel® Xeon® CPU E5440 @ 2.83GHz 

Memory : 8 GB 

Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82572EI Gigabit Ethernet Controller  

Linux pox 4.9.0-6-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.82-1+deb9u3 (2018-03-02) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Docker:
 Version: 18.03.0-ce
 API version: 1.37
 Go version: go1.9.4
 Git commit: 0520e24
 Built: Wed Mar 21 23:10:06 2018
 OS/Arch: linux/amd64
 Experimental: false
 Orchestrator: swarm

latest version emby Docker.

My problem is that on my tv LG, the Emby application is extremely slow. It is necessary to be extremely patient to be able to visualize a film, a series and the quality remains to be desired

It is already necessary since the click of the reception on the media several seconds (+ - 30) to arrive at the page of the film or the series.

Of the latter, after the click on play still between 15 and 45 seconds before viewing the media ... and sometimes I find myself with beautiful pixels.

Sometimes even the application crashes and I have to restart the tv.

I have no problem on Android or Chrome/Firefox on pc Windows/linux so for me, the problem comes from the side of the TV/application emby on WebOS.

The majority of media is encoded in M4V 1080p/720p x264 - AAC 5.1 or 2.0 which allows me direct playback without transcoding. And the crash problem happens on mkv files, m4v or avi ...

I love Emby, more complete than Plex. So if there is way to find a salution to my problem it would be really great

Hi, we are looking at improving the performance of the LG app in future releases. Thanks !

• 6 months later...
TurkeyGravy

@@Luke if we can help test anything, or give system details, please let us know. The App is great once it's playing something, but it's unusable up to that point, almost as if nothing is cached and scrolling is next to impossible. For now I have it alongside Plex and use it when Plex is having a playback/auth/etc issue.