IPTV channel names wrong and I can't seem to fix it

Carlo

I need help resetting my channel names for IPTV sources.

I've tried removing all EPG sources, removing all tuners (HDHomeRuns & IPTV) so that there were no tuners or EPG sources.

I've removed all records in library.db in table TypedBaseItems marked as channels.

No matter what I do as soon as I add back my IPTV files I keep getting "bogus" names for certain channels.

For example if I add:

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="" tvg-name="Boomerang" tvg-logo="" group-title="",Boomerang
http://url string

OR

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="Boomerang" tvg-name="Boomerang" tvg-logo="" group-title="",Boomerang
http://url string

or any combination it won't show up as "Boomerang" in my Channel List or EPG.  Instead it shows up as "487 Boomerang".  Same with many other channel numbers.  This was my own doing as the first time I added these channels i modified the M3U file to put a channel number in front of the name.  But now it sticks and I can't remove the number no matter what I do.

I've tried different M3U file names, different EPG source, etc.  No dice.

So obviously this "487" or "487 Boomerang" is stored somewhere that I can't find from it's initial adding to my system.

Right now my EPG/Channel list is a mess due to this and I can't figure it out.

Can someone give me an idea where this is stored?  I'm at my wits end trying to figure this out!

Thanks,

Carlo

arrbee99

Sounds the same as wot I'm getting. Have been adding and removing channels recently and changing channel numbers and while most are fine a few just won't cooperate...

Downloaded a m3u list and added channel-id and changed the contents of the tvg-name for about 40 channels

5acd5c3a0bf45_Embym3uwrongnumber.jpg

but for the above 3 channels (and 3 others) I get these extra 3 '7' channels that should be down in the 2000's - 2023 etc as number above

5acd5c634906a_Embym3uwrongnumber1.jpg

Hopefully there's something really obvious somewhere...

CBers

@@cayars My M3U file for my IPTV looks like this.

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="1001" tvg-id="I87840.json.schedulesdirect.org" tvg-logo="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/stationLogos/s69387_h3_aa.png",BBCONE HD url 

Does your provider not supply an M3U file?

Irrelevant to the problem both of us are having.

The issue is that if something is wrong and corrected by either the admin or the provider, Emby doesn't want to clear old data and we are stuck with how it was entered the first time.

i'm playing with multiple lists of provider generated plus links curated lists off the the net.  It only takes a small mistake and you can be hosed without the ability to presently remove the info.  Removing the M3U, renaming and putting it back brings up the same info you previously had.  

So if you screw up a channel in a listing on one provider and switch the error can continue to bite you.

So what I'm asking from the first post is where this is stored.  Once I know where it's stored I can figure out the proper way to remove it.

But right now it's very difficult to play with Emby and 10 or more M3U lists!!!

CBers

Sounds like a Garbage in, Garbage out issue :)

So you have 10 M3U sources in one file, or 10 separate sources in Emby ??

Once you remove all of the tuner information, then rescan, Emby should be clean.

There was a post somewhere on these forums where someone suggested the folders to clear down if there were issues.

Perhaps @@Spaceboy may know.

No it's Garbage in but won't go out issue. :)

I first removed all IPTV tuners and the associated EPGs and refreshed EPGS.

I then removed 2 HDHomePrimes leaving only one Prime and 1 EPG with a refresh.

I then removed the last Prime and EPG source.

Stopped Emby and deleted all channels in the DB as well as all EPG listings in the DB.

Restarted emby.

Added back the problem IPTV source with only 5 channels that were previously wrong and boom, still wrong and showing up with the old data (channel numbers).

So Emby is remembering this info and it's stored somewhere.  I just want to know where it's storing this info.

Carlo

Spaceboy

this is not consistent with my observations, i regularly change the m3u and edit the m3u. removing the m3u and running the epg task removes all prior data for me

Yea and that's what I see as well. I'm not doubting that it's happening, I'm just having a hard time reproducing it.