Subtitles not Downloading!

livingonline8

livingonline8

Hello, 

I am running Emby 3.3.1.0 on my QNAP 

I have a life time premier subscription and the only reason I switched from Plex is because how good emby is when it comes to subtitle support.

The problem is, every time I try to look for a subtitle for any show or movie, I get the following message "No results found"

I have my opensusbtitles username and password in the emby settings i even uninstalled Emby and installed it back again with much cleaner file structure, still... it cannot find any subtitles!!

I checked with opensubtitles website and it says I can download 200 more subtitles, which means I did not cross my limit. 

So what is going on? have a look at the server logs down below please  

*** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.3.1.0
    Command line: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata -ffmpeg /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffprobe -defaultdirectory /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA -updatepackage emby-server-qnap_{version}_x86_64.qpkg
    Operating system: Unix 4.2.8.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Processor count: 8
    Program data path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata
    Application directory: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system
    System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.Http.CurlException: SSL connect error
     at System.Net.Http.CurlHandler.ThrowIfCURLEError(CURLcode error)
     at System.Net.Http.CurlHandler.MultiAgent.FinishRequest(StrongToWeakReference`1 easyWrapper, CURLcode messageResult)
     --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
     at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
     at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<FinishSendAsyncUnbuffered>d__59.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
    System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
     at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<FinishSendAsyncUnbuffered>d__59.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
    InnerException: System.Net.Http.CurlException
    System.Net.Http.CurlException: SSL connect error
     at System.Net.Http.CurlHandler.MultiAgent.FinishRequest(StrongToWeakReference`1 easyWrapper, CURLcode messageResult)

2018-04-10 09:29:26.423 Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from Open Subtitles

livingonline8

Hey Luke 

Thanks for your quick response. 

I installed the package again on top of my existing installation. But, the problem is still here. No matter what movie or show, no matter if I choose English or any other language.

I am still getting the same message  "No results found"

Any other ideas?

livingonline8

Seriously guys!!

This is killing the whole purpose of moving from Plex to emby. 

Something about Emby not 100% right...it seems, after all the past releases that it is still in beta !!

a simple task such as downloading a subtitle should not be that hard to get right 

but what I admire about emby is the management and community and that is why i am sticking with Emby and not looking back to Plex.

Please I need help with this...I cannot be the only one facing such a problem

Actually lately there have been server issues on open subtitles end, I'm not saying that's what's happening here because I can't really tell since this is only a log snippet. Please attach the complete log file. Thanks.

livingonline8

This is so frustrating 

the only thing that Emby had over other platforms such as plex is better subtitle support and better community support 

We LOST both of them 

livingonline8

Thanks Luke for your reply 

So the Logs did not give you some information of what might be going on?

The fact that it's not happening for ourselves and others on qts 4.3+ suggests to me that it is related to the certificate store in qts 4.2.x. But more investigation is needed.

alucryd

Could you please ssh over to your nas and check whether the file "/etc/ssl/certs/rootca.pem" exists?

livingonline8

Could you please ssh over to your nas and check whether the file "/etc/ssl/certs/rootca.pem" exists?

I did that but I couldnt find rootca.pem in that Certs folder !!

So what am I supposed to do now? Does that mean something is missing from my file structure ?!!

• 1 month later...
kandolhu

Subtitles for all the movie files were not getting download. I did my research and found out Emby doesn't bulk download and OpenSubtitles has limit of 200/day. So I have upgraded my OpenSubtitle account to VIP, which is now supposed to be 1000/day. Yet I'm still stuck with 200/day. How do I get this fixed?

Subtitles for all the movie files were not getting download. I did my research and found out Emby doesn't bulk download and OpenSubtitles has limit of 200/day. So I have upgraded my OpenSubtitle account to VIP, which is now supposed to be 1000/day. Yet I'm still stuck with 200/day. How do I get this fixed?

It's currently not aware of your vip status. you can workaround it for now by restarting the server. thanks.

• 2 months later...
spikemixture

I may be wrong but upgrading your subtitles just gives you a bigger number.

It might d/l 1,000 a day but only until you reach your quota!

spikemixture

Correct.

I actually just paid $15 for 1 year with 1000 per day !!

Has not seen that option before..

That should catch me up then will go back to standard membership