Meta data trouble on playback

Jennice

Jennice

Hi,

In the recent beta, I noticed a line: 

• Handle videos with invalid framerate metadata

Will this also address the issue of recoerdings being marked with the wrong bit-rate?

In 3.2.60 (3.2.70 didn't work for me), the recordings sometimes get wrong information ,causing them to display as too long or too short recording duration. this also affects playback, but only when playing from Emby. Windows 10 built in media player plays it fine.

I have made  batch file, which I can copy to the sub-folder of the affected TS file, and copy it to a new through ffmpeg (without thanges). This seems to fix the meta data error when refreshing the library, but it would be better if emby server checked it's recording schedule (time length) from guide, and compared to it's captured TS metadata.

Any news on this?

/Jennice

Jennice

Can the "apparent" length isue be addressed?

I don't know if it's technically possible, but comparing scheduled recording length (from guide), and compare it to Emby meta data.

If there's a significant mismatch (i.e, a factor of 5 when comparing these data, then a background remux of the stream file in background is triggered.

The meta data error also occurs when transcoding during recording (the "streaming friendly format" option).