Can't skip to next episode if 'play next episode automatically' disabled

darkassassin07

darkassassin07

Well the title says it all.

When using both the web client, emby theater for windows 7, and Android mobile; if 'play next episode automatically' is disabled in the clients settings, pressing the next episode button does nothing at all.

Shouldn't I be able to skip episodes manually whether they auto play or not?

darkassassin07

... This is intended?...

So if I want to be able to play the next episode, I either have to enable auto play and have it run past the episode im watching if I fall asleep, or I have to dig through the menus and find the next one every single time an episode ends?

Why would I not be able to play the next one directly from the player...

Ok so autoplay is disabled. Build the playlist, but dont autoplay the next items in it....

Just because I don't want to have it continue to further episodes on its own doesn't mean I don't want to watch the next episode.

I don't understand your logic.

The same thing with shuffle on a mixed now playing list. Ebr told me you cant shuffle a now playing list that has items added to it because you guys couldn't be bothered. It hasnt been done "because we'd have to add it to all the apps" was the excuse he gave me. (6mo ago)

You can achieve this by saving the now playing list as a playlist shuffling that, then deleting it when you are done. But that is a huge amount of effort to achieve a shuffle function that every other player I have ever used has.

Why do you guys put your users through so much extra work/effort to achieve simple functions...?

Edited by darkassassin07

darkassassin07

Myself and a couple of my users frequently watch tv episodes before/while in bed very late into the night. If autoplay is enabled and you happen to fall asleep, emby continues on until you wake up and stop it. Now you have to go back and find what you actually saw last, then mark all the extra epps as unwatched.

But with it disabled, now I have to spend alot more time after each episode digging through menus for the next one.

Take youtube for example:

With autoplay enabled it happily plays what ever shows up next. With it disabled it still queues up the next one, it just doesn't start for you, you have to click on it. One click.

Edited by darkassassin07

darkassassin07

That could be a fairly simple solution to this problem.

I cant be the only one in a situation like this.

What app are you using?  Android TV and Roku already have "Are you still watching".

Also, I don't really understand "hunt through the menus" to find a next episode as our Next Up feature will put it right under your finger tips after that one finishes...

darkassassin07

Both the android app and the web app.

Got side tracked and described that poorly... :/

When the epp your watching finishes emby returns you to where you started that epp from. The home screen if you started it from there which gives you one click to start the next one, but if you were in the details of that epp you have to go back, then select the next epp. Maybe even back further to go to the next season.

If the epp hasn't actually finished yet and you want to skip the credits to the next one, or maybe just skip an epp; you have to manually exit the player then select the next one.

By 'hunt through menus' I just meant you have to exit the player and navigate the rest of the app, whether that's just scrolling around the home screen to the next thing you want, or going back through show/season/epp details.

All I'm asking is that the next/previous buttons do the same thing as with autoplay enabled instead of nothing at all. The ability to manually skip to the next/previous epps even if your not going to play the next one automatically.

Sry for being a little misleading above.