Recordings Not Showing Up

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

For the last month or so, after some time of the server being up, active and complete tv recordings stop showing up anywhere in emby. They are recording, i can see the files growing and completing in windows explorer but they do not show up as active recordings while in progress or in the recorded tv library once complete.

this may be another symptom of the issue where active recordings are inconsistently showing in the dashboard. restarting the server makes the recordings show up but clearly this can't be done until all recordings have completed. not very good

CBers

I concur with @@Spaceboy's findings.

I recorded the F1 Qualifying programme this afternoon and although I can see the recording in Windows Explorer, it's not showing anywhere in Emby, be it the Web Client or ATV app.

The recording also stopped for some reason after 26 minutes instead of 90, but I'll post about that separately if I need to.

Strange. I'll do some testing, thanks. If you can reproduce easily then please attach a server log from an example. Thanks.

CBers

For reference, I have pointed my Stable Emby server at the same location as my Beta server Live TV and the recordings showed up instantly.

Spaceboy

at roughly 10.28 this morning i scheduled a recording, the goldbergs. the recording completed at 11.03 and is all fine. the recording didnt show up anywhere until a library scan completed some time later

embyserver.zip

Spaceboy

so any thoughts? it seems to be happening all the time these days. i have to keep manually refreshing the recordings library to be able to watch anything

When you recorded the goldbergs was it a new series you hadn't had before, or a new episode for an existing series?

CBers

For reference, I upgraded one of my Stable Emby servers to Beta and it showed the RECORDINGS straight away.

Whether this is a hangover from the Stable system, or something wrong with my main Beta server, I don't know.

I have the same issue no new recordings show up in live tv recordings

What kind of recordings?

denz

I have a different issue found it was not displaying the last few days of recordings because emby server locked up the tuners that is one of the reason I don't understand the option to view the tuners have been removed until the issue gets fully resolved and working properly there should be an easier way to view are your tuners in use. 

Edited by denz
  • Like 2

CBers

Ignore my RECORDINGS issue, as it was a user error, based on this !!

My ADMIN account didn't have access to my RECORDINGS folder.

BACKWARDS or what !!

• Like 1

Spaceboy

When you recorded the goldbergs was it a new series you hadn't had before, or a new episode for an existing series?

it was a single episode recording. I have never watched this show before.

I can see what the issue is. After x time it seems that the real-time monitoring stops working. it actually affects all new media (i also noticed that Sunday's episode of the walking dead still wasn't showing as available on Monday evening) but is obviously most noticeable on live tv because I need to watch the shows immediately after they were added. Restarting the server gets RTM working again

• 2 weeks later...
Spaceboy

any further thoughts here please @@Luke ? i supplied a log and have described the problem sufficiently i think

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
horstepipe

I'm playing around with dvr in emby for the first time. I setup a recording path and made sure the privileges are okay (Ubuntu 20.04). I made a recording of news, .ts and .nfo files are in the folder. But I do not see the recording in the new created "Recordings" libary. I already scanned the library and restarted Emby server. Is this a known bug in Server beta 4.7.0.9?

Spaceboy
1 hour ago, horstepipe said:

I'm playing around with dvr in emby for the first time. I setup a recording path and made sure the privileges are okay (Ubuntu 20.04). I made a recording of news, .ts and .nfo files are in the folder. But I do not see the recording in the new created "Recordings" libary. I already scanned the library and restarted Emby server. Is this a known bug in Server beta 4.7.0.9?

have you allowed the user access to the recordings library in emby?

horstepipe
2 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

have you allowed the user access to the recordings library in emby?

Yes, I tested with an admin user who has access to all libraries.

Spaceboy
4 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

Yes, I tested with an admin user who has access to all libraries.

and no parental controls? if not i think you'll have to provide logs as it works for me on that version albeit windows

horstepipe
15 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

and no parental controls? if not i think you'll have to provide logs as it works for me on that version albeit windows

no

15 hours ago, cayars said:

Do the recordings show up in Live TV Recordings tab?

and no

I'll make some more tests. Then I'll provide a log. Guess a server log would be most helpful?

horstepipe

okay I got it.

I put the recordings on a second ssd.

Don't exactly know what the problem was, sorry currently my time is spare to check it up.

Either it was because the recording path was directly on the / of the ssd (mount point), or because I only made emby as the user, but not as the group owner (although I don't know why this wouldn't work).

But now, /ssd/recordings/...

and emby:emby chown

it works.

Thank you!