Primary Image Quailty

SSJ4Gokou
Go to solution Solved by daedalus,

SSJ4Gokou

Quick question. Is there a way to download a Primary image at a higher quality than what emby downloads? 

Example, I have numerous TV Shows and when I go to view the episodes the Primary image is 400 x 225. I have to manually search for a higher quality on every episode. Is there an easier way or something that I do no have configured in the back end?

• Solution
daedalus

Quick question. Is there a way to download a Primary image at a higher quality than what emby downloads? 

Example, I have numerous TV Shows and when I go to view the episodes the Primary image is 400 x 225. I have to manually search for a higher quality on every episode. Is there an easier way or something that I do no have configured in the back end?

tvdb doesn't allow higher resolutions for episode images

go to your library metadata settings and move eg tmdb to the top of your episode image sources, tmdb allows higher resolutions

you have to manually run a refresh @ tv shows level with "replace exisiting images" ticked to get your exisiting images replaced by higher resolution ones

maybe you're interested in giving some support here -> https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50502-add-tmdb-as-season-poster-provider/

Edited by daedalus
  • Like 1

Please just be aware that using MovieDb for your episode metadata provider will result in considerably longer library scans.