Slow Scans

qnvy82

qnvy82

Hello,

Every time new media is added, it takes over an hour for the metadata and scans to complete. The scan will start at 90% and remain stuck there for several minutes until it even hits 91%. This is a huge problem because I am using other platforms that pick up the same media from the same location in a matter of seconds. I am using a LSI Megaraid 9210 raid card in a raid 10 and it is running in an optimal state. Please advise.

-qnvy82

Happy2Play

Also what is your folder structure for your media?

qnvy82

Also what is your folder structure for your media?

it's just a movies folder with all of the movie files at the root of it. same thing with the tv shows folder. no problems with Plex. only with Emby. 

Ok, there's a known performance issue with the library scan with movie libraries where all movies files are directly in the movies folder. In other words, without using a sub-folder for each movie. It's something we are looking at resolving for the next release, thanks.

qnvy82

Ok, there's a known performance issue with the library scan with movie libraries where all movies files are directly in the movies folder. In other words, without using a sub-folder for each movie. It's something we are looking at resolving for the next release, thanks.

Thanks for responding. I will try to tough it out. I really like Emby. it's just the scanning that is driving me crazy. The TV Shows are fine though because I have them in sub folders obviously. 

Orion328

i used to have the same issue. i created my main "Movies" folder. inside that folder, i created folders labeled, 0, 1, 2, etc. and folders labeled A, B, C, etc. and put movies into those folders. 300 goes into the 3 folder. Saving Private Ryan goes into the "S" folder, etc. now when i add new movies, it takes seconds for the scan to take place.

hope this helps

Thanks for the info. We are hoping to get this resolved for the next release of Emby Server.

qnvy82

i used to have the same issue. i created my main "Movies" folder. inside that folder, i created folders labeled, 0, 1, 2, etc. and folders labeled A, B, C, etc. and put movies into those folders. 300 goes into the 3 folder. Saving Private Ryan goes into the "S" folder, etc. now when i add new movies, it takes seconds for the scan to take place.

hope this helps

Thank you! I did exactly what you said and it worked!!!

Orion328

Awesome! I got the idea from a different forum a couple weeks ago. Apparently, it's a Windows thing. So by putting the movies into separate folders, Emby and Windows play nicely

• Like 1