Having trouble streaming > many errors

darkassassin07

darkassassin07

I was streaming music for quite a while today when my music suddenly stopped. The song that was playing was one second from the end but the next one did not start. then I lost connection to the server altogether. I restarted the server and that seemed to fix it for a while. ended up repeating that 3 times.

When I got home I took a look at the logs and found quite a few '*** Error Report ***'.

lots of: "Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from Open Subtitles"

once a library scan was triggered there was quite a few: "Error App: Error in ffprobe"

Every time I had an issue playing something there is "Error HttpServer: Error in ProcessAccept" in the logs.

Plus there are two "Error HttpServer: Error processing request"

Logs.zip

Edited by darkassassin07

then I lost connection to the server altogether. I restarted the server and that seemed to fix it for a while. ended up repeating that 3 times.

I see  you're connecting via https. This should be resolved for the next release of the server, thanks.

darkassassin07

Any idea when that may be? I don't really want to be using plain http over wan very long :/

Looks like the last update was over a month ago.

Edited by darkassassin07

darkassassin07

I see you're connecting via https. This should be resolved for the next release of the server, thanks.

You said that. I asked when, not if....

Edited by darkassassin07

darkassassin07

@luke  

I'm currently streaming music using the web app on the server machine, I cant get anymore local if I tried.

Https is disabled, though I'm only ever connected to the http side on LAN.

The song I'm (well, was) listening to is sitting at 3:34/3:35 and has been for about 3min. Clicking on play/pause does nothing but change the play/pause icon.

I was able to skip to and start playing the next song which finish and continued to the next song just fine.

This is the same behavior I was experiencing at work with Emby for android

/edit: I just had it happen to the next song played. I have updated the attached log.

Line 53677:

2018-04-10 20:11:08.937 Error HttpClient: Connection to https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/music/f4a31f0a-51dd-4fa7-986d-3095c40c5ed9/artistbackground/evanescence-50af6e9ce0c22.jpg timed out
2018-04-10 20:11:08.950 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.3.1.0
Command line: C:\Users\Darkassassin07\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Processor count: 4
Program data path: C:\Users\Darkassassin07\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
Application directory: C:\Users\Darkassassin07\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Connection to https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/music/f4a31f0a-51dd-4fa7-986d-3095c40c5ed9/artistbackground/evanescence-50af6e9ce0c22.jpg timed out ---> System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<FinishSendAsyncUnbuffered>d__59.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__17.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.<SaveImage>d__33.MoveNext()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.<ConvertImageToLocal>d__191.MoveNext()
   at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.<ProcessImage>d__29.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService.<GetImageResult>d__24.MoveNext()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.<Execute>d__2.MoveNext()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.<RequestHandler>d__74.MoveNext()
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__17.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.<SaveImage>d__33.MoveNext()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.<ConvertImageToLocal>d__191.MoveNext()
   at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.<ProcessImage>d__29.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService.<GetImageResult>d__24.MoveNext()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.<Execute>d__2.MoveNext()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.<RequestHandler>d__74.MoveNext()
InnerException: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException
System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()

Log.txt

Edited by darkassassin07

darkassassin07

Actually this is happening to every single song I play atm. 

when the song reaches the end, the pause button switches to play, once that has happened, pressing play does nothing, you have to press skip or click the next song.

I am experiencing this on bot Chrome desktop, and Chrome mobile.

I have tried re-starting both the clients, as well as the server. No change.

This is making the web app pretty un-useable.

Emby for android is working just fine. At least at the moment, I have experienced this on android twice in the last 2 weeks.

Side note:  When I restarted the server chrome displayed the notification from emby about it, but only said

"Emby Server - [server name] is

localhost:8096"

Edited by darkassassin07

when the song reaches the end, the pause button switches to play, once that has happened, pressing play does nothing, you have to press skip or click the next song.

A couple others reported this with Chrome 65 and also said that it's resolved in Chrome 66.

darkassassin07

How can I go about exploring that? chrome 65 tells me its up to date, and I cant find any real info on chrome 66 :/

darkassassin07

I disabled https on the 6th when you said it was having issues.

Im now connected via http-WAN and I just had the same problem as the top post. A song was playing and suddenly froze at 3:01/3:15

This is can't be an https issue.

Ill grab another log when I get home. Oddly viewing the log through chrome only shows up to 10am (its 6pm) and ftp is refusing to copy the file to my phone.

/edit this has happened 5 times now today

Edited by darkassassin07

Here's the log from the 11th. Lots of "error report"s.

There's a few errors here when probing new library files, but not a large number. Occasionally ffprobe will fail with certain files. It's not a big issue.