Adding Movies direct ling to WMC

24changer

24changer

Is it possible to have a Movie icon in WMC and by bass the home screen in MBC?

I had it set up for MB2 using WM Studio but can not seem to get the same results with MBC

Thanks in advance.

I think ebr answered my question with is reply in another post

It depends on exactly what you mean.  If you mean can you move the main entry point for MBC then, yes, with the WMC hacking tools as you could before.  However, if you mean direct entry points into different parts of your library, then, no that feature is not supported anymore for a number of reasons.  One of which is the fact that we now have multiple user profiles.  Another is that we provide frequent updates and these break with every one of them making it just way too hard to support.

??

Edited by 24changer

If you are asking for direct entry points, no that is not possible anymore due to the reasons stated above.

• 6 months later...

Hello,

it's understood, that direct entry points are not supported any more for several reasons.

I'm using the workaround by placing direct acces points with content by user profile, means one profile for Movies, one for TV-Series, one for Games etc.

By hiding the other content in every user profile it can be done, however first entry is always into the "home screen" (even only one item per user is visible).

Could you add an option, that opens automatically the first item in home screen? By this one can bypass one additonal click and directly access the content.

Hope my explannation was understandable :-)

Thanks.

Edited by ge2301

Sometimes it's beneficial to check all options in detail. I thought I did so, but now I learnt I haven't ;)

Exactly thats I was looking for, thanks! :)

Then there is only one additional wish/question and everything looks as I imagine.

Is it possible to hide the inital loading screen when entering MB3? In case a direct entry point in MCE is used for each content, the loading screen is showing up every time.

Not a big issue, but when switching several times, it's little bit disturbing.

Edited by ge2301
  • Like 1

No, the only alternative is a blank screen for an indeterminate length of time and I'm not willing to do that.