Problem with external srt subtitles

vangeliis

vangeliis

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been answered but I am new to Tizen and Emby theatre (1.0.29 UK). I'm trying to play a video with external srt subtitles. When I click on the cc (closed captioning) button within the Emby app for Tizen TV (MU6470 2017) I can see two options: None and Eng. So I select Eng but nothing happens.

Any clues?

Many thanks,

Vangeliis

Edited by vangeliis

vangeliis

Hi there, please try again with the next release of the app, thanks.

Fab, thanks will do.

Is the UK version running behind?

2017 releases are running a little behind, but hopefully will get released soon. Thanks.

mgworek

Quick question. I was going to wait to report it until the new release is out but I have the complete opposite of this problem. 

I can't get subs to stop. I have them turned off but they always show no matter what I do. Has anyone else had this?

I've only had my new tv for a week and used the app on it a couple of times.

vangeliis

Quick question. I was going to wait to report it until the new release is out but I have the complete opposite of this problem. 

I can't get subs to stop. I have them turned off but they always show no matter what I do. Has anyone else had this?

I've only had my new tv for a week and used the app on it a couple of times.

I found this setting yesterday:

Top right corner User icon-->Settings-->Playback-->Subtitles-->Subtitles Playback Mode

What's your setting? Mine was set to default. What happens if you change it to 'no subtitles'?

Edited by vangeliis

FrostByte

I've got my subtitle option set at "forced only" that way only the external/internal subs with the forced flag (the ones containing non-English) will ever play.  Been working great for me

• Like 1

vangeliis

I've got my subtitle option set at "forced only" that way only the external/internal subs with the forced flag (the ones containing non-English) will ever play.  Been working great for me

I've gone with 'Always on' but so far it's a hit-and-miss. Wondering whether I should 'make' my subtitles forced and try the 'forced only' option.

• Like 1

darknessgp

I found this setting yesterday:

Top right corner User icon-->Settings-->Playback-->Subtitles-->Subtitles Playback Mode

What's your setting? Mine was set to default. What happens if you change it to 'no subtitles'?

I've got a MU6300, Samsung with Tizen. I have my subtitles set to Off both in the server and the client via the user icon. That said, seems some shows will turn them on anyways. Have to go in the playing UI and select off of "off" and then reselect "off" to get subtitles to go away.

vangeliis

I've got a MU6300, Samsung with Tizen. I have my subtitles set to Off both in the server and the client via the user icon. That said, seems some shows will turn them on anyways. Have to go in the playing UI and select off of "off" and then reselect "off" to get subtitles to go away.

@@darknessgp

What version of the app are you running?

darknessgp

I apologize for the delay. It seems to still be on 1.0.29, though the app info on the TV says the app was updated on 4/10/2018. I am running the latest server version as well 3.3.1.0.

vangeliis

I apologize for the delay. It seems to still be on 1.0.29, though the app info on the TV says the app was updated on 4/10/2018. I am running the latest server version as well 3.3.1.0.

Okay, there is a newer version of the app under review by Samsung, should fix the problems we are having with subtitles on MU series TVs.

vangeliis

Hopefully that will be available soon,. thanks.

I have turned 'automatic updates' on on my TizenTV but if @@Luke could let us know when it's officially out we'll give it a try, thanks.