Make 'my downloads' either a library, or an option for the home screen layout.

darkassassin07

darkassassin07

Currently 'my downloads' becomes a section layed out the same as sections like 'next up' positioned directly under anywhere you put 'my media'.

I think it would be nice to have it either just another library, or have it a separate section you can set in the users home screen settings just like the others.

Personally I would like to put it at or close to the bottom. I don't use it that often.

/edit I suppose I should mention It's the Android app specifically that im talking about.

Edited by darkassassin07

• 1 year later...
darkassassin07

Has there been any more consideration into this?

I've noticed recently with Emby for android mobile v3.1.7(beta channel) 'downloads' now inserts itself as the second item on your home screen regardless of your preferences in settings>home screen.

I use emby for android to keep a small, regularly changing amount of music on my phone which I use another app to play.

I almost never play offline downloads through the emby app when offline so this ends up being an item I have to scroll past all the time.

It really should be another option under 'home screen section x:' so users can position it where they like or even hide it altogether.

Edited by darkassassin07