Emby Server on DS918+ Permissions

trmentry

trmentry

So have a question I hope someone can answer. 

I have my DS918+ with Emby Server installed and working fine.   When I log into the WebGUI of the DS918+ as a 'user' (no admin rights), I can see the emby server app icon.  Clicking on it, spawns a webpage directly into the embysvr admin user webpage of the emby server to administer it.   (NOTE: I did put a password on embysvr for the login; I only use 1 user for the appletvs, and it's non embysvr.).

Is there away to lock out normal (non admin) users from seeing that?     

Thanks

Edited by trmentry

trmentry

Hi, only admin users in Emby can access your server dashboard. You can learn how to manage user permissions by checking out our User wiki:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Users

Just make sure the other users are not granted admin rights. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

No no... not the users in Emby itself.   In Synology DSM.   If I'm a non-admin in Synology... that user can see the Emby Server icon and click it.. which spawns into the admin dashboard of Emby.   Even though I have that Emby User in the dashboard (embysvr) password protected.  

What I was trying to figure out is there a way to not display the Emby Server icon to non-admins in the Synology DSM?

The screen shot is from my normal user synology interface.

No admin rights.

post-136815-0-37028400-1522769737_thumb.png

Edited by trmentry

I'm not sure there's anything we can do about that. Your best option is to make the emby admin user password protected so that when the web interface launches, they are required to enter their emby username and password.

Once they do that, if the user is not an admin user, they will be redirected to the non-admin sections of the web app.