AutoOrganise - Robust when no provider metadata available

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

AO seems to fail when no providor metadata is available (episode has not been added to tvdb)

Case in point: Trying to organise Natural.World.s39e01.Attenborough's Wonder of Eggs.mp4..

gives

2018-04-02 14:35:08.161 Info TaskManager: Executing Organize new media files
2018-04-02 14:35:08.165 Info App: Sorting file D:\TVMove\Natural.World.s39e01.mp4
2018-04-02 14:35:08.222 Info App: Sorting file D:\TVMove\Natural.World.s39e01.mp4 into series I:\TV11\Natural World
2018-04-02 14:35:08.223 Warn App: No provider metadata found for Natural World season 39 episode 1
2018-04-02 14:35:08.223 Warn App: No provider metadata found for Natural World season 39 episode 1

Could AO be made to continue working in such circumstance and just drop the providor info eg title and keep the ID and move/name S39E01.mp4

I think Emby periodically refreshes objects with missing metadata now, which would complement this request?

reason for request: being able to access and play an episode is more important than having a title and an episode image.

• 7 months later...
peter.vanderstruys

HI

Just a bit off topic but related to the file you want to add, that title belongs to S38

Look on IMDB

so to add a title that Can't be referenced is a bit dangerous as you risk messing up your listings.

You could be adding anything.

Peter

ginjaninja

HI

Just a bit off topic but related to the file you want to add, that title belongs to S38

Look on IMDB

so to add a title that Can't be referenced is a bit dangerous as you risk messing up your listings.

You could be adding anything.

Peter

yes my example is a bad one as indeed it is incorrect but the request still stands... to organise files regardless on the providers metadata availability.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

peter.vanderstruys

yes my example is a bad one as indeed it is incorrect but the request still stands... to organise files regardless on the providers metadata availability.

Maybe make it an configurable option that you need to turn on to use.

Peter

ginjaninja

Maybe make it an configurable option that you need to turn on to use.

Peter

yes because AO is currently not able to sweep existing library to ensure filenames already in library conform to the current episode naming scheme, with this suggested improvement media would be added to the library without the correct file name and whilst the metadata would catch up the filename wouldnt.