Put in-folder Metadata in an "emby" folder

SenatorIvy

SenatorIvy

Hello,

I have just begun setting up all of my stuff and have been forced to move things around from drive to drive a couple times to get things right spacewise, and during this process I found myself unable to manually edit the paths to folder in my Libraries (perhaps there was a file I could have hand-edited that I'm just not aware of) so in the interest of not having to re-identify problematic shows and whatnot, I thought this time I'd tell Emby to put the metadata in the show's folder, thinking that if it did that the next time it had to scan that folder it would more easily know what show it was and have the data right there.  However, now I find there are a handful of loose files in each show's root, which seems a bit off to me.  Like I get why they're there and what they're for, but it would be nice if all the in-folder metadata were kept in a folder called "emby" or "embydata" instead of in the root of each show.

Maybe it's just me? :)

• Like 1

Hi, we didn't decide on these locations. We have adopted nfo metadata conventions and that's why the files are where they are. I didn't care for them at first either, but a lot of people do it this way.

SenatorIvy

I guess my hatred of it is mostly a holdover from so many years of  dealing with & operating everything directly in Explorer.

When you say a lot of people do it this way do you mean other apps like Plex/Kodi/etc? Is it this way to try and make libraries cross-platform?

SenatorIvy

I have to commend that approach, I suppose. Still hurts the computer janitor in me though, haha.