Playback freezes at start of new episode occasionally

xsnipuhx

xsnipuhx

Good evening!

I'm running into an issue where I'll be watch a TV show and when it starts to play the next episode, it will just show a black screen. The emby on screen notification that says what is playing show its playing but it just stays black. The app even shows its playing, but not doing anything. Only way to fix it is to open the app and navigate to the episode in the episode guide. Is this a known issue? Any ideas or anything I can post to help out?

xsnipuhx

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the quick reply! I attached a server log for you. Anything else I can supply?

Edit: removed file

Edited by xsnipuhx

Hi, there's a lot of playback sessions in this log file. At what time did the problem occur? Thanks !

xsnipuhx

Hi again Luke. You guys are prompt, I really appreciate that!

Here's another log file. This time it happened at 06:20am and around 11:30pm.

Edit: removed the file

Edited by xsnipuhx

• 1 month later...

Hi there, can you please try Emby Server 3.4.1 and let us know if there is still an issue? Thanks !

xsnipuhx

I will keep you posted. My Emby was already at 3.4.1 and it was still doing it a few days ago. But let me try it out for a week or so and I'll report back. Thanks for staying on top of this. Worth my life time sub :)

• 2 weeks later...
xsnipuhx

Hi Luke,

Reporting back in. Still having issues, but I think I noticed something this time. My SO seems to watch one series at a time, as where I have a playlist(4k+ playlist) going when I use it and it seems to happen to both of us when we use the playlist. Doesn't seem to happen when she watches one series at a time. Uploading a log file. Happened quite a few times around 8pm or 20:00

embyserver.txt

• 6 months later...

I have not been able to reproduce this. have you updated to the latest version of Emby Server (3.5.3) ? 

xsnipuhx

Evening Luke. Dashboard is reporting 3.5.3.0. I believe I have tried to uninstall before, but what would I need to delete to get rid of all the settings? They seem to stay through an uninstall.

If you want to try that, you could uninstall and then delete this folder:

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server

Thanks.

xsnipuhx

Hey Luke, Sorry for the delayed response. I'm not sure how much this will help, but here is the video. I just did a full wipe on my Emby install and reinstalled from scratch and its still doing it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZqeWKPv4zag3iY1z7

Casting to a Chromecast Ultra

Edit: removed location from video

Edited by xsnipuhx

Quick question, once this happens for a video, does it happen consistently each time for the same video? Or is it random?

xsnipuhx

No it will not happen every time. It's very sporadic. Once I open the app and manually play the next episode it won't do it again though. It happens with any series that we play.

• 2 weeks later...
xsnipuhx

Just wanted to give you a heads up Luke. It appears with the beta version of the app i installed earlier this week that everything seems to have cleared up. Things autoplay now like they should. It also might be due to the fact that I "unoptimised" battery for the app.