Live TV - Too many clicks to navigate Live TV on Android TV

Richard Branches

Richard Branches

I noticed we have to click too much to navigate through channels, the guide, etc, currently the remote control buttons do this:

Up button            ->           Also on

Down button       ->          Channel information and option icons

left button            ->          Rewind

right button          ->          Fast forward

Center button      ->          Pause

When pressing Up button, we have to click three times to get to the next channel: press up then press left or right to move to the next channel and press the center button to select it. I suggest to change it to only switch the channel up.

When pressing down button we can first pause with the center button because that's the first option highlighted or move through the other options, I suggest to change it to only switch the channel down.

Left and right buttons are used to rewind and fast forward so they can stay that way.

The center button can be used to display the channel information and options instead of pause only, so if we want to only pause, we can do it only once or we can move through the other options like "also on", etc. Moreover, since rewind and fast forward are the next options after pause, they should be moved and replaced by the record button, the guide button, the info button and the rest of the buttons because we can do it quickly with the left and right buttons on the remote control. It should look something like this:

5ac02cd5e12cd_menubar.png

I count on your upvote for Emby developers to take this suggestion into account. Thanks.

Edited by delacosta78

Spaceboy

-1 leave them the way they are

totally agree, I feel the way of cycling through channels this way died out with the introduction of the pvr