TV episode paths getting corrupted in Kodi db

bozrdnag
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

bozrdnag

I've been having a problem for a couple months now where all the sudden none of my TV episodes will play because Kodi says the file cant be found.  When I look at the path for the file in Kodi it shows:

smb://192.168.1.42/videos/tv showssmb://Suits/Suits = s01e01 - Pilot - Bluray Rip.mkv

Notice the extra smb:// in the path.  I'm not sure where this is coming from.  What I have noticed is that this seems to happen every Friday right after the scheduled library scan runs and my Emby server will show a much longer than usual library scan (~50 minutes instead of the usual 6-7 minutes).  Then the Kodi clients will show a sync needed for thousands of files.  Once completed none of My TV episodes will play because of the corrupted path.  For whatever reason movies are never affected.

I am using Native (Direct Paths) for my Playback Mode .  I have attached a screenshot of the TV library including the path replacement string I entered, my serve log and Kodi client log.

post-1153-0-91064800-1522430676_thumb.jpg

server-63657964800.txt

kodi.log

• Solution
Angelblue05

Look at your network share. You added an extra slash at the end, which is most likely causing this issue. Remove it and then, you should be able to run a repair on your local database for only tv shows since it's the only thing affected.

I will make a small tweak in the code to make it more resilient to this type of mistake.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

bozrdnag

I can't believe I missed that.  You have no idea how many times I looked at that and thought everything was okay.  I checked my movies network share and indeed it doesn't have the trailing slash.  Though I can't understand why it would work fine except after scans on Fridays.  And if I rebuilt the library it would be fine again.  Nonetheless, I'll see what that does and hopefully it fixed it.

Thanks so much!

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Mystere et boulle de gomme. We may never know why, but moving forward I'll make sure it is corrected in the add-on process. :)